ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just wanted to say

Megane Trophy
Im really impressed with this sub forum.

The guide on taking pictures and the motorsport guide is simply excellent and very well put togethor!

Im a keen photography fan but only have the small Sony T10.
My dads got many Nikon's and all sorts of lenses, strobes flash' for underwater photography and a lot of his work has been featured in the UK diver magazine - he loved the guides and agreed with me on how easy to understand they are!

Makes me want to save up for a digital SLR as well now so i can take some very nice shots and keep the sony for nights out!

Keep the good work up guys its interesting stuff to look at and read.

I will be looking in here much more often after my visit tonight! :)

this forum makes me think about buying a refurbished Canon 350d every time I read through the posts. Although £200 for the said camera with kit lense is a bargain i reckon.

I'm weak lol
p.s. do it fUbar :clown:

thats not helping lol

i wouldn't mind if it was just the price of the camera... but i know full well i'll need several different lenses, filters, tripods, flashes, memory cards and yellow mugs!

lots of cash moneys!

hmmmm true, well, yellow mugs are probably the cheapest part!

depends what you shoot with now, at the end of the day a dslr with kit lens is going to be better than a point and shoot if your wanting high quality and don't need something compact.

Just look at ukaskew, he doesn't need all the glass in the world, I'm envious of him not being a gear head but a proper shooter!

You don't need it all at once either, a system can be built up over years...

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i think people are under the illusion that you have to buy lots of bits and blow all your money on expensive glass. The lens kit should more than keep you busy for several months. Theres no point spending more money on lens, when you haven't even mastered the one you already have!

Revels Mum & Sister
I can understand what you are saying Ian but if you have the money I dont see the problem as long as you dont expect glass to make you a better photography without putting in the ground work.

No matter how good you are with the kit lens it is no use for long range work

Just look at ukaskew, he doesn't need all the glass in the world, I'm envious of him not being a gear head but a proper shooter!

Er....I just bought a Nikon AF-S 300mm f4 with my Christmas cash :eek:

In my defence it was another bargain second-hand purchase, so it's justified.