ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just what you need on a Saturday!

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Just had a knock at my door from a neighbour across the street to tell me he thinks someone has just hit me car. Go outside to find this on the corner of it...

DSC_0042.gif

Anyway, the guy accross the road had been getting a new tv installed by virgin or something, and all four of them saw a woman drive down into my street, then reverse out and hear her hit something. They initially thought it had just been the skip that i was parked next to so didnt get any of the cars details. They then went to have a closer look and saw the damage, then told me.

No one knew who the woman was at this point, put knocked on the doors in my street and found out my other neighbour had just had some flowers delivered by that car. So I got the phone number and rang them, they said theyd sent the flowers down by one of their drivers and gave me her details. Then rang this lady up, said i had witnesses saying theyd seen her and heard her hit my car and if she didnt come back to mine to talk and give details id ring the police for leaving the sight of an accident. Luckily she turns up a few minutes later, sees my car and realises she has infact whacked it and scuffed the f**k out of it! She was decent enough though admitted shed hit it, gave me all the details and went on her way again.

Still leaves me pissed off that she drove away in the first place, but my detective work found her out and now it wont also dent my wallet :D. Not what i need on a nice saturday afternoon like, but it could have certainly been worse!

More pictures of the damage, any ideas on what will need doing?

DSC_0041.gif

DSC_0040.gif

DSC_0039.gif

DSC_0038.gif

DSC_0035.gif

DSC_0036.gif

RS6 C7
Wing, bumper & a headlight, I would go through her insurance and just take it that you will end up paying a couple of hundred quid extra next year.

Arctic Blue FF 182
Not cool! Least you tracked them down!

Looks like:
-New wing
-New headlight (Small crack on bottom corner)

-bumper repaired
-wing and bumper sprayed?

(were they in their own car or the flower shops car? Potentially not insured for business use?)

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Not going via insurance. Shes actually a taxi driver, and the flower company had paid her to take them or whatever. The taxi company she works for though just happen to do alot of business with the company i work for, so we know the owner very well. Going to let him know first, and he might pay straight off without getting the insurance involved.

Not settling for a below par job either if anything is needing resprayed, every detail would be checked to make sure im happy.

A bodyshop will quote 1k plus to put that back to mint. Wing, bumper, headlight, paint & labour.

You could probably get the parts in the right colour for 250ish.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
A bodyshop will quote 1k plus to put that back to mint. Wing, bumper, headlight, paint & labour.

You could probably get the parts in the right colour for 250ish.

Do you think im better off sourcing the parts myself then if not going through insurance, then handing the other party the bill for them? Or just make them pay the extra and take it straight to a body shop?

Well it depends. If you take it to a bodyshop they're going to quote you brand new prices from Renault. Then expensive labour etc etc.

When you take that bill to the taxi boss man, is he going to just write you a cheque for 1k+ for what is essentially a "scuff"? No. His insurance won't go up by a load next year because of a little claim like this.

If I were you, I'd get a quote from a bodyshop. Then go and see him. See what he says. If he winces and says about going through insurance, say you could "probably" get the parts second hand in the right colour for 600ish and you'll fit them yourself.

You'll get them for half that and have a bit of hassle money for your pocket.

But even then he might decide it needs to go through insurance as he doesn't want to pay that much out.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Well it depends. If you take it to a bodyshop they're going to quote you brand new prices from Renault. Then expensive labour etc etc.

When you take that bill to the taxi boss man, is he going to just write you a cheque for 1k+ for what is essentially a "scuff"? No. His insurance won't go up by a load next year because of a little claim like this.

If I were you, I'd get a quote from a bodyshop. Then go and see him. See what he says. If he winces and says about going through insurance, say you could "probably" get the parts second hand in the right colour for 600ish and you'll fit them yourself.

You'll get them for half that and have a bit of hassle money for your pocket.

But even then he might decide it needs to go through insurance as he doesn't want to pay that much out.

Yeah i see what you mean mate. Il speak to the guy and see what he has to say, if not il just go through the womans insurance and let them stump up the money. Either way im happy, aslong as it gets sorted back to my standards.

Hair Bear, they were already kerbed quite bad. Some wench owned the car before me and obviously didnt like kerbs.

If it goes through insurance, then the kerbing was done by her too ;)

This is what we pay insurance for. So if they won't stump up for it. Get it done properly. You'll get a hire car and your car will be back as good as new within a week.

It might cost you a few quid extra next year but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Very true, thanks for the advice mate. Wonder how i could convince the insurance she managed to scrape all three other alloys too hmmm :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice though. Ive never had a hire car before lol.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
If your getting the wing and bumper sprayed, might be an idea to get the other wing done aswell so its all the same colour!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
CW is a unique colour though Ben due to how it changes over the years. RB is actually pretty simple.

If a garage is having to paint the o/s wing alarm bells would be ringing big time. The basecoat (blue) for the bumper wouldn't even be round there. Then it would be fully lacquered which doesn't change the colour. You really shouldn't have to even blend the door on RB

Repair and paint the bumper, new wing, new headlight. Jobs a good un.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
RB is actually pretty simple..
I never knew that tbh. I imagined it would be a trickier colour to match up. Oh well, aslong as it isnt stevie wonder doing the work.

Just want it fixed now, makes me look like one of those peasent people who dont care about the state of their cars! :(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing worse that a big mark on the car. Even worse when it's not your fault but you have to pay for it. At least you found the person!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I never knew that tbh. I imagined it would be a trickier colour to match up. Oh well, aslong as it isnt stevie wonder doing the work.

Just want it fixed now, makes me look like one of those peasent people who dont care about the state of their cars! :(

I had that years ago with my 172Cup...used to work for a company doing car batteries and while I was on the road, one of the drivers had loaded scrap batteries onto a flatbed and one had fallen off and smashed my bumper...wasn't impressed. Then put some tape on it while I went up the road to get a quote...and a girl in an immaculate 172Cup was alongside mine and my car looked shite in comparison...bear in mind, my car was less than 12 months old with a smashed wing and tape holding it together! Not happy chappy! :(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is the headlight damaged? If its just lightly scuffed then just get it wet sanded and polished.

If you get a new light, it will stand out like a sore thumb against an old one on the other side.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Is the headlight damaged? If its just lightly scuffed then just get it wet sanded and polished.

If you get a new light, it will stand out like a sore thumb against an old one on the other side.

I thought of that mate but I was thinking it wasn't his fault so get a new one.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
A friend of mine got a pair of new headlights for his cup for about £50, might have been less, on eBay.

So if he gets paid out cash it's worth buying a pair at that price, really freshens the front end up too.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Yeah the wheels were already scratched, the headlight isn't that bad tbh. I was planning on freshening them up too, plus they're xenons so don't wFancy going back to the cup units.

Mini Cooper S sport
What a pin in the arse, glad you managed to track her down. With that amount of damage she must have known damn well she'd backed into it.

Whether it goes through insurance or not, hope it ends up looking mint. Might as well get all the alloys refurbed while it's being done. I can't bear kerbed alloys.

Mk3 Megane 250
I'd personally report it to the police and to your insurance company, at the end of the day, it may take weeks to sort something out etc, and she also has failed to report an accident etc.

Its people like this that make my blood boil as it happened to me, something hit the rear of my car and just drove of, i had to claim for my insurance - and surprisingly the premium never went up much £70 for 5K's worht of damage lol

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
She knew fine well she hit your car, stupid b**ch!!!

Too many arseholes like that in the world!

Good luck with the repair mate.

2 girls, 172 cup
I'm pleased with the outcome of this.

However, when a drunk driver wrote my car off, my insurance wasnt affected. Due to the other driver being completely at fault. I'm pretty sure that when I told my insurance that I had been involved in an accident, I gave them some details and it was fine.

Give us a call / email / pm, if you want new geniune renault or used parts sourced, we can spray and deliver a new wing and bumper for you to fit. RB as stated by gally is no problem, no need to blend the doors normally, esp as its not metalic / pearl colour!. Besides ive never seen a renault clio with perfect matching wings and bumpers yet, even from new.

*Any NEW parts we source are at trade prices, we put nothing on the parts only the spray work we make money on.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They should aswell as they're both plastic! Sadly they're usually painted completely seperate hence te colour difference.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Give us a call / email / pm, if you want new geniune renault or used parts sourced, we can spray and deliver a new wing and bumper for you to fit. RB as stated by gally is no problem, no need to blend the doors normally, esp as its not metalic / pearl colour!. Besides ive never seen a renault clio with perfect matching wings and bumpers yet, even from new.

*Any NEW parts we source are at trade prices, we put nothing on the parts only the spray work we make money on.

That's fantastic, thanks! Il probably be in touch over the next couple of days depending on the outcome after speaking to the taxi guy. May need a few quotes also if the other party are prepared to settle out of insurance and stump up the cash. :)

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Bit of an Update, the taxi company didnt want anything to do with it as she rented the taxi off them. So rang her back up, explained that she could pay me instead of going through insurance and she agreed, happy days. So ordered a new wing in RB from Renparts today for £50. Couldnt complain at the price!

Bumper is going into a local spray shop when the wing arrives to be resprayed, and have the wing fitted. With regards to the headlights i dont think its a crack after closer inspection so theyre also getting refurbished and polished up :D, a job id planned on doing anyway.

Cant wait to have it back to its best, and there may even be a few quid left over to treat myself to a skoda splitter.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
She's going to give you the money before you repair it right?