ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JWC - Actually finished.......bring on Bedford

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Right

finished the bulk of the work I wanted to get done this weekend, so I'm going to stick my neck out and say its done (no project ever is and even typing now there is 'tinkering' I have planned)

however, its ready for track is the point! and in full marmite spec @TheEvilGiraffe

and @Chip-mk1 castor pic included :)

So list of jobs done:

- fitted Quickshift (with green knob :) )
- fitted passenger seat and harness
- fitted spare wheel and strap
- converted to phase 2 172 dogbone (polybushed)
- painted callipers all round (red)
- fitted DS2500 pads up front
- fitted marmite wheels with RSR's
- removed wiring for second lambda from loom
- reset faults to get the miles remaining on the trip computer to work as well
- wired up the horn (beep beep)

and as said I have thought of more tinker time, but none essential:

- paint and fit pinned fibreglass bonnet (with shiny new phase 1 badge)
- paint up few other bits and bats due to me being picky even though its sposed to be a track car
- ring Adi and get some info on whiteline RARB fitment as needs more custom bits to work and he's probably made loads knowing him!

pics, enjoy or hate, I care not ;)

DSC_5013_zpsvrmpfjhi.jpg

DSC_5012_zpsifp05due.jpg

DSC_5015_zpsqsorcsy2.jpg

DSC_5014_zpsqlwhwqx4.jpg

DSC_5001_zps9wbvovap.jpg

DSC_5000_zps3g4lrkss.jpg

Last edited:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Seems mad she is still on here and on the road infact. One of the best cars I've owned although now mighty different. I preferred it blue. :(

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Seems mad she is still on here and on the road infact. One of the best cars I've owned although now mighty different. I preferred it blue. :(

if you scratch hard enough, it is still blue ;)

@George182 @ThomasBrentnall - no gaying up in my beast..............ahem ;) more than welcome for a spin out though both of you....one at a time.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
rofl, @Martin. you hurt the big mans feelings ;)

@Chip-mk1 there's around 20 of us at Bedford 19th May (a Monday) least 12 mark 1's I believe so should be a giggle.

Nice selection of them too, couple of F4R powered, couple of cup cars, couple with ITB, Adi's VAG 20vT one with turreted rear, couple with diffs (quaife and gripper) So plenty of ideas and inspiration for Mk1 owners to share and compare :)

couple of F4R powered, couple of cup cars, couple with ITB, Adi's VAG 20vT one with turreted rear, couple with diffs (quaife and gripper)

Cor bet some of them go very very well indeed!

How much do MK1s weigh? What can they realistically be down to?

Basically I should just ask you what your one weighs lol

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Cor bet some of them go very very well indeed!

How much do MK1s weigh? What can they realistically be down to?

Basically I should just ask you what your one weighs lol

ai it should be a good dice up, not seen that much variety in mk1's on track before so it'll be interesting to see how the specs differ and perform

they aren't that light chap tbh, my turbo one was 960 with half a tank in it. that was caged, poly windows and stripped.

hoping this one will be lighter as theres no dash at all and a lot of the panels have been chopped etc. I'm going to fit my fibreglass bonnet once its painted and then weigh this one at work as well and see, I'm hoping for in the 800's, probably high 800's but that region would be nice

ai it should be a good dice up, not seen that much variety in mk1's on track before so it'll be interesting to see how the specs differ and perform

they aren't that light chap tbh, my turbo one was 960 with half a tank in it. that was caged, poly windows and stripped.

hoping this one will be lighter as theres no dash at all and a lot of the panels have been chopped etc. I'm going to fit my fibreglass bonnet once its painted and then weigh this one at work as well and see, I'm hoping for in the 800's, probably high 800's but that region would be nice

Awesome. And it's been F4R'd? Any idea on power?

Must be great fun.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Awesome. And it's been F4R'd? Any idea on power?

Must be great fun.

I've literally just got it on the road matey, bought it last October and its sat in a lockup miles away all winter so this is my first week out. as such no idea on power, lol! its a totally stock F4R, 55k engine with a dodgy induction cone on it and a modified single box mongoose mk1 exhaust on it. I'm planning on getting it rolling roaded at some point but not sure when tbh

i'll report back on power and weight when I have some figures chap :)

I've literally just got it on the road matey, bought it last October and its sat in a lockup miles away all winter so this is my first week out. as such no idea on power, lol! its a totally stock F4R, 55k engine with a dodgy induction cone on it and a modified single box mongoose mk1 exhaust on it. I'm planning on getting it rolling roaded at some point but not sure when tbh

I'll come for a nose around at Bedford anyway!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sadly Ive got a vehicle booked for mapping on the 19th or I would have come along.

Saying rain today in bedford for mine's first track outing, I do really enjoy wet trackdays but it would be so much nicer if it was dry for its first shakedown, lol.

I'm doing another rr day soon... ;)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Yes mate, enjoyed it there last time. I was speaking to the bloke that has the slammed passat on the bottom of your road who works there, he working on a track 106 which looks pretty good!

ai Rob, his 106 is properly specced, he's been building it for 7 years or so, started life as a blue 1.1 iirc

he used to be into his Mk1 Clio's as well and often pops up for a nosy to see what I'm up to with the fleet!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
he's had an engine issue, put an unknown in there and its knocking its tits off so he's got to sort that. apart from that I think its mostly done

ai he bought a gearbox off me years back when I lived in Stocksbridge and now randomly I live up the road, lol!