ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k and n sh*te

clio sport mk1 golf

hi ya giys been told that a k and n makes chloe sound nice but she doesnt seem the same. seems slower, can i get a replacement filtwer instead and would that be better than the sh*tty IK?

help

thanx

Nosh and chloe

the IK will seem to lose power round town, on a nice cold motorway run it will not show up.

K&N are far from crap, they have been around since filters were invented they know what they are up to.

A replacement filter would probably be a better bet but with less noise.

You could experiment with ducting to feed the IK but again this will only help really on the move.

Clio 1.6 16V

Theres nothing wrong with any of the open induction filters. As Chris has said K&N have been in the game longer than most. I have used K&N filters on most of my previous cars (IK and panels). They will just not work correctly if you do not feed them with cold air. If you dont want to do any air ducting mods etc to your car then an IK is not for you. Get a replacement panel filter for your standard air box instead.

Its not that the product itself is crap but for a valver it is usless(open IK), It simply does not work unless like you said you feed it some cold air, but how problamatic is that with a valver with those ridiculous under bonnet temps:(

like all the others say, an IK kit will be fine as long as its got a cold air feed. Without one youll prolly lose power.

You could always got for a replacement element, better still get a replacement element and run some ducting from under the car or front grill. Basically you get an IK without the extra noise but with better performance as u got the free heat shield which the standard air box provides.

Revels Mum & Sister

I have a K&N and it is sweet mate! It is on a Valver but as long as you feed it good. Will be a wise investment!

Quote: Originally posted by Liquid_ICE on 28 July 2003

I have a K&N and it is sweet mate! It is on a Valver but as long as you feed it good. Will be a wise investment!
How can spending cash on a Air Filter be an investment when you have a perfectly good OEM one that does a more effective job?

clio sport mk1 golf

i reckon coz my little clio is only small either way the filter wont do much anyhow.