ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K & N Apollo/Viper CAF & Acoustic Valve Q's

Clio 182
After trawling through posts I can't seem to find an answer...

I'm toying with the idea of an induction kit (just for the roar I know they'll be no power gain) and I'm swaying to the enclosed K & N Apollo or the Pipercross Viper. I had the K&N Apollo on an MGTF and it sounded well and due to the price is the preferred kit.

My question is due to the lack of space in the engine bay can the above induction kits be fitted still look neat and the CAF reach to a place that will actually breathe in cold air?

Does anyone have any pics of an Apollo or Viper Kit on a 1*2?

I've also been reading into the 'Acoustic Valve' phenomenon and I'd rather leave it on the car but would removing this make room for the CAF for the above enclosed induction kits?

Apologies if these are repeat q's but I've not found an exact answer - any pics or advice would be appreciated! :cool:

Seriously, you're likely to make the car less responsive and lose power fitting one of those. Many people have fitted vipers on here, then taken them back off as they're poo.

Clio 182
Hmmm... May just go down the route of Panel Filter then...

Anyone got any of the above kits and think there worth it?

Ph1
Seriously, you're likely to make the car less responsive and lose power fitting one of those. Many people have fitted vipers on here, then taken them back off as they're poo.

Many people also never fitted them right hence the bad reputation and the usually forum sheep thing.

Discounted 1*2 parts
never noticed any difference with my viper fitted. Here is a pic

P1010880.jpg

iceberg 172
just removed my acustic valve today as i got boerd was realy easy. took me around 20 mins and am now waiting to order a jms setup when there sites running.