ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Green cotton or k&n?

182 cup
What do people recommend out of the two induction kits?

Currently have k&n panel and removed acoustic valve but want a bit more sound.

Kits are roughly same price on the bay so which one should I get???

Also, if anyone has a pic of a green cotton fitted please put it up as I can't find one!

Cheers, mike

Are you thinking of getting an open cone filter?

If so i wouldn't you will suffer heatsoak and lose power, Get an enclosed filter like BMC.

182 cup
Not bothered about th few horsepower I am subject to loose, I don't race the thing an just want it to put more of a smile on my face :)

182 cup
Does give it a bit more of a grunt I would say but I doubt you will be able to notice the difference if you had an updated exhaust. If u wait a week ot so u can have my panel!

Where on the Wirral are you?

am from moreton, well am going to demontweeks tomorrow to get a millitek system fitted and getting discount so with the left over money getting a K&n cheap so cant complain, how long you had yours?

What car you got?

182 cup
Oh aye

had the cup a year now an still loving it!!

I find tweeks just about the most expensive place around!

yeah but there workmanship is superb. yeah i have had my 182 anout 10months and its awesome wouldnt change for anything.

yeah is there any other people opn here you know from wirral am new you see, that big asda in the port is probly a good place.

182 cup
Little update, ended up getting the K&N and fitted it this afternoon.

The sound it makes is emense! Sounds V-Tec'ish about 5200 then just screams there after!

Really happy with it. Dont seem to of lost any noticable power either.

Fabia vrs tdi
I bought and fitted a k and n to my 182,

is your air feed pipe from bumper 2cm away from the cone?

Did you fit the pipe that came with it, under the car? I didn't.

Hard to hear the noise over my exhaust but I can hear it screaming away slightly lol

if you couldn't hear me coming before you can now lol