ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K&N induction kit

Does Fitting a K&N affect my renault warranty and does it make any difference to my insurance. Will I notice any difference in performance fitting it to my 172 Mk2

You will notice a difference in performance - a decrease!

Either put a panel filter in or a fully sealed IK like a Piper X Viper.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Im taking off the k&n from my valver.. makes a nice noise, but its sh*t..

Must say since fitting mine it sounds amazing but i have noticed a decrease in performance.

It has improved my away form the lights time but otherwise its a struggle to hit 100 where as before it was easy.

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 31 August 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 31 August 2003

You will notice a difference in performance - a decrease!

Either put a panel filter in or a fully sealed IK like a Piper X Viper.

Or use a £12.00 piece of pipe to relocate the K&N and you wont lose performance and will gain a great induction noise. Didnt do me any harm..... 14.6 1/4 mile...... ;)

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1059939364__new_05.jpg

clio sport mk1 golf

it all depend on how you get air too it, hot air aint no good cold air is!!!

just sold mine, chloe has her normal filter on now and shes running realy well ive just re designed the cold air feed and shes loving it all that yummy yummy cold dense air.

Stick with the standered air box and pipe it up to the front of the car, job done, oh and shove in a replacement element K&N or something;)

But my way gives you no performance loss with the benefit of the highly addictive induction kit ROAR! :D (there are three cold air pipes coming from under the car that you cant see in the picture above)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 31 August 2003

Ive been looking at those Vipers... do you need a cold air feed for those? Dont fancy losing a fog light!!!
I have a Viper and you dont need to remove a fog light...

just fit the air intake into the lower grille of the front bumper, no need to remove the fog light

Oo-er, my K&N induction kit arrived about 15 mins ago. Im not so sure I wanna fit it now! Although I may just pop to Halfords for some Hosing like Rhys has done. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.............

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Cuppy 172 on 02 September 2003

K&Ns are crap, get a itg filter
Quote of the day!!! Hurrrrah!! do this. you wont regret it

(PS Maxogen is coming hmmmmmmmm)

LY R27

I need a list of people that are interested in this product, in order to get a discount. I can honestly say this kit is puka, I have the RR results and prototype photos. Just cant wait to get it fitted :D

Please relpy with your car model (172 or Cup & name)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i deffo want one but im not getting my car until jan at the earilest.

LY R27

Dont be angry Tomo I have been chasing this product for 3-4 months now, put ya name on the list and I promise you can be the next person. By the way K-Tec have been in touch with ITG asking for exclusive rights for this product.....................I know what ITGs reply was. NONONO

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

im only kidding greeneyed monster and all

maxogen should lend itself well to the 172.

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 02 September 2003

K&Ns are crap, get a itg filter
Quote of the day!!! Hurrrrah!! do this. you wont regret it

(PS Maxogen is coming hmmmmmmmm)

Do you know how gutted that makes me feel? I have just spent £95 on an induction kit to find out no one rates it!:(

LY R27

Dont worry mate the final release of the product will be around December :D

By the way the kit gives a roar like a touring car around 4-6k revs, great.

LY R27

You cant get them yet but I am getting the prototype fitted soon, release in Novemeber-December, but worth the wait.

Price around £200-£300, a bit steap but honestly the profit margin is tiny compared with vipers 22.5%

Look at my new post (Put Ya Hands Up!!!)

I need a list of people that are interested in this product, in order to get a discount. I can honestly say this kit is puka, I have the RR results and prototype photos. Just cant wait to get it fitted :D

Please relpy with your car model (172 or Cup & name)

1. Flipper 172Mk2

Can you mail the RR results and piccys??? I am interested.

LY R27

Dont have them with me, ITG want to keep this info close their chest. I know its not rocket science for IK, but K-tec want it, so does another company who run clio cup racers, I cant remember the name, doh

Dont have them with me, ITG want to keep this info close their chest. I know its not rocket science for IK, but K-tec want it, so does another company who run clio cup racers, I cant remember the name, doh

OK, no probs. What kind of gains does it give then?

LY R27

6-7hp apparently.

Look all manufactures claim these excellent results, but trucs me I will test it for my self and report. Geordiepaul knows me, I am not a con artist

6-7hp apparently.

Look all manufactures claim these excellent results, but trucs me I will test it for my self and report. Geordiepaul knows me, I am not a con artist

Do ITG need more than one person to test the filter, you know, just to give a better view on how it works n all that;)

LY R27

Ill ask ;)

its a hard job but someones got to do it, cant beleive not that many people are interested, never mind their loss, our gain.