ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec 172 40mm springs vs Eibachs

£92 and a 40mm drop, 20% increase in "stiffness" for the KTR springs

£130 and a 30mm drop for Eibachs.

Has anyone with any model of Clio tried the KTR springs? Because of the tiny wheels on the mk1, I want the lower it as much as possible to make them fill the arches a bit more, but the main aim is improved handling. Are the Eibachs REALLY worth the extra? Anyone tried both?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Id go for Eibachs personally...

But Id like to hear what the KTR ones are like!

Go for the Eibach Pro System if you have the cash, Pro springs mated with Sachs dampers. I have a set in my closet! waiting to be fitted when the snow has come and gone.

Lars

Right, the choice is now between Eibach Sports springs (-30mm), Eibach Pro springs (-10/15mm), Spax (-30mm) and GMax (dunno, but think theyre cheapies).

Im buying from Halfords rather than K-Tec as I dont want to pay to have them delivered, hence the change in choice.

Dampers will have to wait for now, but might get some in a month or two.

rhys..you getting them from chesterfield or sheffield halfords??? let me know what prices they come up with cos when i went to sheffield said that 172 springs wold not fit the cup???what the f**k!!!!

Sheffield. If the strut on the Cup is the same as on the 172, then they should fit. They were total monkeys when I went in tonight. Told me I couldnt order springs until tomorrow because the supplier was shut. WTF?! Write it on a piece of paper and call them tomorrow FFS!

Anyway, I gave them a tenner, got a receipt and am going to chose the springs tomorrow and they can then order them. Theyre NOT fitting them!!!

Megane 225 baby! :)

My car is lowered on KTec springs, and she is sitting mighty low on the standard wheels! Ride is definitely stiffer but hey did have to have mine done as I had a broken road spring, so anything would be better! :oops:

I do have a photo but not able to get it at the moment!!! Think there might be a piccie of my car in the last Swindon meet piccie post but not sure if you want to have a look at it!!!

Guess its all academic now thou! :oops:

Burgandy 174 sport t

i got eibach for my car from road runner, i found them excellent to deal with!!

think they were 120 delivered??

RPM you recommed before fitting..? lol..hmm

K-tec dont make springs..they get someone else do it so find out who the company is. Eibach are a good company, and all 172 owners seem to sing their praises..

-Rob

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 06 November 2003

Right, the choice is now between Eibach Sports springs (-30mm), Eibach Pro springs (-10/15mm), Spax (-30mm) and GMax (dunno, but think theyre cheapies).

Im buying from Halfords rather than K-Tec as I dont want to pay to have them delivered, hence the change in choice.

Dampers will have to wait for now, but might get some in a month or two.

What is the score with these Eibachs?? Some people have them fitted to a 172 and they only lower the car 10mm/5mm as the 30mm its supposed to be for a standard clio. So does that mean the same for the ones youve mentioned or is that how much they lower a 172?????

Yes i do Rob. We all know how good everyone thinks the springs are. The dampers are made by Sachs race engineering and tested on the car. The combo is sold as a system with the same suspension travel as the OE ones, nothing drastic in other words. Bulletproof..

Lars

Well, my mistake for going to Halfords, but Im now getting Spax springs (25 to 30mm). Halfords had no idea about the two different types of Eibach springs and ended up ordering me some £211 Eibachs that "might" lower the car 30mm :confused: or I could have the 15mm ones for £130, but I need the car lower than that as previously explained.

I gave up at that point and ordered Spax springs. I had them fitted to my 172 MK2 and know that they drastically improved the handling. At least I know what Im getting.

Thanks, Halfords... :sick:

C

Cupster

JillyB: are thoughs 40mm springs? And are thoughs wheels 18s or 17s geezer. Looks tough!!! I got 40mm apex springs on my cup but it has hardly changed the appearance!!!! :mad:

I dont suppose you have a side on shot to post or you could just tell me how much gap there is between wheel and arch.