ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-TEC 182 Style exhaust for 172

Clio 172/Civic EG6
Hi guys one thing that really bugs about my 172 is how plain the rear is its kind of cool if your into the whole minimalist thing and clean scene but im not, i currently have a K-TEC stealth system on my 172 that came on the car, its got 182 wheels already and i love how the 182 looks so i looked into a 182 rear and quickly learned a 182 exhaust wont fit straight on because of the wheel well so saw K-TEC make an exhaust that caters for the well what i would like to know is with that exhaust will it fit the 182 rear bumper as i dont just want a half hearted job with my 172 bumper cut out i want it to sit under the 182 surrounds nicely and has anybody on here got a soundclip of that exhaust or pics fitted????

cheers
James

Clio Sport
From personnel experience.... Stay away from K Tec. They're just NOT worth the hassle. Try 'Pure Motorsport' instead. That's my advice!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
just to balance it,

I've used k-tec on multiple occasions for both my clio and megane, and never had an issue with them or their service (although they can be pricey on some items)
don't know much about the 182 style exhaust though.

Clio 172 phase 1
Used ktec a few times no problems infact I rate some of their stuff I've got there exhaust and think it's brilliant I couldn't be happier with the fit and sound

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
That 182 looking exhaust for the 172 is hell a expensive but looks cool.
If I had cash to chuck away I would buy it for giggles

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Nope I dont want to make an offer as you would simply laugh at me. £50! < oh look i made a silly offer (im broke) :(

Clio 172
There is a serious lack of full stops in most of these posts. :S

As for the exhaust its self. The k-tec system for the 182 seems heavy to me, my friend has one fitted. The build quality looks good but the system its self isn't anything special and its bulky. At their prices I would rather spend my money on something else like a pure motorsport system. I use a Piper system from cat back and that is also pretty heavy too, but my car came with it fitted, it does give the rear end a better look and its more in keeping with the 172 look with a single pipe instead of two.

14000995833_b3ff4f970b_z.jpg

HDRClio6 by jackmason44, on Flickr

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP