ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k tec ecu problems

clio 172
bought a k tec ecu and the car wont start up with it on. the immobiliser light does not flast when ignition is on its just a constant light. is there a certain procedure to get the car to adjust to the ecu or is it no good.

what are main things to check?

cheers

clio 172
er..not totally sure.?

the ecu looks bang same as original one with the codes and siemans wrote on it. plus it in and it just doesn't quite want to start.

how do i check which one i have?

340i
my money is on... you've brought it second hand, yeah?

When the ECU is installed to a car the immobiliser is coded with that ECU.. So fitting to another car will require the ECU to be "reset" So it can link with a fresh car/immobiliser.

Iceberg Ph1
Same goes... I wonder if the OP purchased it from K-Tec or someone saying it was a K-Tec ECU.. eBay maybe?

What was the reason for a new ECU anyways?

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
I'm thinking, someone had they're car remapped at k-tec, and listed it on ebay as a k-tec ecu. Maybe.

clio 172
bought it off a mate who bought it direct off ktec. worked on his 182. bought it about 2 years ago.

the need for a new ecu is bcoz its mapped up.

any ideas about how to reset the ecu to my car??

clio 172
or maybe he had it mapped at k-tec like u said..he reckoned all i had to do is turn ignition on. wait for lights to stop flashing then turn ignition off and back on again. but it didn't work.

ITB'd MK1
bought it off a mate who bought it direct off ktec. worked on his 182. bought it about 2 years ago.

the need for a new ecu is bcoz its mapped up.

any ideas about how to reset the ecu to my car??

Once it's fitted, it's locked to the car. The ECU will need virginising again then re-flashing from scratch. 182 ECU may also be wrong for your car. Get your original ECU flashed/remapped if you want it done. And get your money back

clio 172
well not payed for it yet. whats the best way forward then. only had the car a few weeks and need more speed.

heard about these rstuner maps. how do i go about getting one of those? i know this is the lazy way but someone with experiance showing me the way if far easier than tryng to self teach.

cheers

Nissan 350z
You either:

- Go to a company such as Ktec themselves and get your car remapped.
- Buy an RSTuner and plug it into your car and remap it
- Attend a local meet here on CS to find a member local who has an RSTuner and pay them to do it.
- Dont bother.

Thats pretty much all your choices.