ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k- tec exhaust or magnex

Renault 1.2 16v mk2
k-tec or magnex

i am wonderin which one will be better for my car k-tec or magnex exhaust

Re: k-tec or magnex

neither, both are garbage imo. missus' car has a Ktec and it's boomy on the motorway, poor fitting and is poorly made...

magnex is the same as above in my experience and even louder and more drony...

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

The new ktec is made by janspeed, fits REALLY well and is well made. The jesus is on about the old ones. ;)

also it wont win browny points with him as its not made by GDI, and that means its pish ;)

K tec stealth is a good sound with a k&n 57i kit as i found out when I sold mine and fitted it to Rob_172 just pm him and ask him all about it and say Mark sent you

Vw caddy tdi
k tec systems not too boomey bit loud and raspsy tho!! I must say k tec replaced my the first system cos the centre section had developed a hideous vibration at 2250rpm when warm only. Also the replacement now sounds like somethings broken off and is rattling arround inside the centre again on idle this time tho fooks sake!!:(

Vw caddy tdi

No ive new ktr stealth 4 my ph1 and they already replaced the centre box cos it developed a hideous rattle @2250 when warm only. Now after another month this new one sounds like its got little bits of metal rattling about inside most noticeable on idle after being driven hard jesus is rite poor quality materials poorly made im afraid 2 say mite just take mine back get a refund:( .....

others to look at as well .....like powerflow , prospeed , yozzasport and many more

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
you'll find people on here generally hate the larger bore chav zorsts.

I have a magnex and did on my last car - always happy always good quality.

It is big and noisy tho

Clio 172 mk2
After actually owning both I'd go for the K-tec

The Magnex I had was f**king heavy, looked way to big/chavo for the car (twin 3.5 inch pipes) and didn't sound good.

This is through my actual experience of owning one....not because everyone says the Mk1 K-tec is crap etc I have a Mk1 stealth and it's perfect:D

Ad

MK2 FRS
i like the sound of the magnex, but as said its heavy.

I will be getting a k-tec shortly.

The new ktec is made by janspeed, fits REALLY well and is well made. The jesus is on about the old ones. ;)

also it wont win browny points with him as its not made by GDI, and that means its pish ;)

hey, I have a Janspeed silenced decat! :rasp:;)... but you are right, it's pish! ... no seriously, had problems getting it to fit properly... everything is pish though when your as fussy as I am... what's wrong with wanting things 100% how you envisage and want them? You're paying at the end of the day, so dont ask, you dont get :)

audi a6 3.0tdi
yours didn't look the same as mine, yours is deffinately bigger and has different designed tail pipes

audi a6 3.0tdi
i was going to say i was starting to doubt it was a magnex coz i just went on the site and mine looked different lol

Ad

MK2 FRS
lol.... i think the blueflame sounds good. Just unsure about how much of the backbox you can see...

was wondering whether it would polish up or not.

audi a6 3.0tdi
probably would clean up i'm just lazy. i've thought it was a magnex for 6 months lol :eek: i might try getting some stainless steel cleaner and see if it will buff up.

Ad

MK2 FRS
have a go and take some pics... lol

i fancy a blue flame.. but its that is putting me of.

audi a6 3.0tdi
i'll have a go tommorrow hopefully i've not cleaned the exhaust all over winter so its my fault its like that. if you keep on top of it it'd probably be fine

everyone will think i am a chav but i have a cherrybomb zorst and sounds mint but a tad drony on low revs but really nice on full chat. cheap and cheerful until i need a new one

megane 285 sport
ive got an oval magnex and janspeed sports cat, it was recommended by an independent car tuning place how have 35 years experience, the cars loud and faster then it was standard, like the sound aswel thou, its loud but it still could be louder. at the end of the day its down to preference, you either like it or dont, im happy with mine.

iv a blueflame with a janspeed decat and viper fitted,i think it sounds class!!

was a replacement for a 6x4 magnex(still got it if anyone wants it)

Last edited: