ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tec exhaust rating

ICE'dberg MK2 172

10/10

for sound, performance and most important customer satisfaction...they will try their very hardest to supply you with something YOU want...

Thoroughly recommended

10/10 - for sound, performance, and customer satisfaction - we had a twin 3" put on the cup, and it was tooooo loud, so David sorted it out and quietened it down without any hassle, they are always very helpful !!

service is A1 from k-tec

I havent got an exhaust form them, but i can vouch for the service, always go out of their way to make sure you are happy

got the twin 3" on my 1.2 16v m8y. still needs a bit of work as it was fitted in a hurry so isnt hanging right and blows a tiny bit behind the cat i think. when i get it sorted though, its good quality, good price for a stainless system, the car pulls through the revs easier at higher rpm i think and sounds nice and loud. makes some nice popping and stuff when you back off the throttle or change gear. all sounds well decent when youve been ragging down the motorway or something and its nice and hot.

i should be at the london meet on 29th feb so if you want to pop along you can see/hear it then as i should have it sorted properly by then m8.

The exhaust is nothing special..its just loud..not very civilised on motorways but unless youre an old man i doubt youd care that much. For a 1.2 it sounds great though. I would give them a 10/10 for customer satisfaction, they genuinely make the effort to please you.

-Rob

Focus ST

To be honest, Im a bit sick of mine at the moment. The sound is just what you want when youre really going for it, but for normal driving its sending me round the bend! I recently drove to gatwick with three friends plus luggage and to be honest it was embarressingly harsh on the ears.

If you do a considerable amount of motorway miles i wouldnt recommend it. Is there anything that can be done to quieten it down?

it is loud but when you get to 4k rpm and above you feel like you are ragging it round a race track and just lovin it all the way to 7k rpm ! Performance improvement is sweet too, especialy from 6k to 7k in 3rd and low down torque in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th. A worth wile mod. I do agree that if you do alot of motorway mile it does become hard work, round town it is lovely though, sounds more like a TVR.

Renault Laguna Sports

11/10, Ive got the twin 3 in. on my clio and my other half has the same on hers. Top exhausts for the money. K-tec, top company.

just got the ok from renault for fitting the exhaust. im just waiting for the letter in writing to say it wont voit my warrenty then ill call k-tec and get a beauty fitted. which is the best tailpipe to go for?

that 200 wudnt include fitting i dont think mate, and anyway u wudnt drive all the way to dorset to get an exhaust fitted would you? wudnt mind a photocopy of that letter when you get it tho!

so who has the loud systems and honestly how loud are they. i want loud but not really loud! there are three different levels of loudness apparently.

Focus ST

I seem to have a loud one, although Ive obviously got a different engine to you. I didnt realise there were three levels of loudeness when I got mine, or I would probably have gone for the quietest one. Mines so loud sometimes that I think theres something wrong with it, especially when the car is loaded up/going up hill. I did also get a silenced K-tec decat after Id had my exhaust for a while but didnt really feel that this made it significantly louder than it already was.

Having said that it sounds absolutely brilliant when youre going for it (above 4k revs) and I also get some interesting popping/bubbling noises on deceleration from high revs and gear changes!

Mazda MX5 1.8

the loud ones are VERY loud! personally im gonna go for the quietest one as i dont want it sounding so harsh.......... after a slightly more classy look & sound

on my old mk1 1.2 8v i had a the 4.5in exhaust (loud 1) and it wasnt half loud! but the popping and burrbling was fcuking mint!!!!

Integra DC5 Type R

will they do me a system for my 172 with the single 3.5" tailpipe?? it isnt listed, but wondering if they would do it???

looks like scorpion are denying doing a 3.5" single round... :-(

can someone tell me what sort of power gains i would be looking at from a k-tec system as i need to tell the insurance company once i have had it done.

im wanting to ket a twin3" zorst after ive had 172 bodykit fitted onto my motor. Ive got a Ramcharger induction kit already in my car. Should i go for the quieter zorst sound. Im trying to get my car looking and sounding classy. please help me on this one guys?

Lionel Richie

as far as i know you cant specify loud or quiet on the 1.2 1.4 or 1.6 unless someone knows otherwise!

Its only on the 172s you can specify, ask David hell confirm

yeah, what fred said ^^^

David came on here before and clarified - only the 172/cup can have the "quiet" option. The Dynamique version sounds fine though mate.

liam

ive just bought BRUNs 4.5 slash cut k-tec system. hope it is loud :D i do do motorway driving but only as far as 15 miles each way, to meadowhall from barnsley at the farest. the drive to uni down the country roads (no motorways!) should be good fun!