ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec Exhaust

I am going to order a K-Tec K2 next week. If I want to remove the old one in one piece, I understand the rear beam has to be dropped down. Does it follow then that to fit a K-Tec you have to drop the beam down in any case? Is there anyone with photos of the MK2 172 exhaust system? Is it an easy to fit or is it a garage job etc??

Skoda Fabia vRS

more than likely........you would be lucky to get it off in one piece usually, though im not as sure on the new models.....

Cheers Brun,

I wanted to keep the old one in case the garage got funny about warranty work, then I could pop the old one back on.

Skoda Fabia vRS

if you can find a place that uses a lift to get the car in the air and not your usual ramps you might have a chance of gettin it off.......

you know the type i mean, 2 each side of the car on ur sills.....

Yep,

My old man has an inspection pit in his garage, I could try jacking it up & lowering on to same wooden blocked axle stands.

Renault Laguna Sports

If you cut your old exhaust in roughly the same place as the join on the K tec one you can then take it off in two bits. If you then wanted to refit it at a later date all you have to do is go to your renault dealer and buy a connecting sleeve which joins the two bits back together. This is how its done when you have a standard rear silencer replaced.

Clio 1.6 16V

My exhaust was cut over the beam when I got my Magnex fitted. Has been up in the loft ever since (best place for it IMHO). Remember that K-tec exhausts are very good quality but a shade on the loud side. Do sound the biz at 5K plus though when they get believe it or not ......quiter!