ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tec fitted ( pic )

i finally got my k-tec exhaust fitted on friday. i was so pleased with the customer satisifaction from the guys. they did a top job making sure everything was ok with me before going ahead with the fit. i got the k2 with a centre silencer which sounds just right but i am thinking i want to go louder now i have got use to the sound. the build quality of the system looks perfect as does the grade of steel. hope this helps all u guys and girls getting one too.

H22A7 Accord Type R

well, its the quieter choice ;) i thought mine was too loud at first, but I ADORE it now!! Good exhaust notes aint they :)

its designed to fit in the standard rubber, but compare the weight etc of the k-tec with the little standard one and youll notice the difference. If you left it unsupported it would drop away from the bumper gradually and the std rubber would probably pop out of that steel box its in. Mines held up with big f***-off cable ties as well and they do the job fine (and a couple of spares in the boot just in case!)

Mine sounds cool without that centre silencer though.

I share Freds concerns, someone needs to pop some male hormone pills!

Does everyone cable tie their exhausts then? I havent, it doesnt wobble around or anything, is it just going to drop off one day? :D

-Rob

Ive used cables ties before and it works a treat. Specially if it knocks at all going over bumps cause of the rubbers becoming stretched, ive always left the rubbers on aswell though just in case.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer

can you cable tie the centre section of the exhaust? because mines hanging down abit so when i go over a hump it gos bang!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 27 April 2004

I share Freds concerns, someone needs to pop some male hormone pills!

Does everyone cable tie their exhausts then? I havent, it doesnt wobble around or anything, is it just going to drop off one day? :D

-Rob
I Havent and mines rock solid...

Well I thought mine was ok just mounted normally Rob, but it was hanging slightly lower than I wanted and I after convoying to a meet I was told it wobbled all over the place! Still didnt cable tie it but then when I was in Ireland I heard a few clunks and the rubber had come out of the bracket... Is now cable-tied in securely.

lol @ Freds masculinity worries! :D

hey ask a stupid question but how easy is it to cable tire the exhaust and are they available pretty much anywhere and how much are they?

Only asking is my exhaust keeps on falling down despite getting it adjusted twice by R-tec....

Can these k-tec exhaust be ajusted?. I have the centre exit exhaust and its too low it needs raising to fit flush to the bumper.

Rik

H22A7 Accord Type R

cable ties are pennies!! Rik, depending on how your exhaust mounts (mine has a bracket around the whole of the back box) u may or may not be able to adjust it. It took a lot of fiddling but i now have mine exactly how i want it, then just tied it up to keep it there.

Liam, i went on a cruise to blackpool the night i fitted mine, and got told it was swaying all over, the std rubber is cack, i even asked David at K-tec and her reccomended cable ties :)

--Rob

H22A7 Accord Type R

personal preference mate!! youd have to hear mine when it was very warm to decide for yourself :D u can always have it taken off in the future if you fancy a change?

when mine is warm it sound lovely when going slow but when i get to about 40 u cant really hear it as much. what is the loud system like through the range?

H22A7 Accord Type R

well, loud at low rpm, hits a nice note at 4K, quietens down between 5500 and 6000.............hard to explain, take a drive to huddersfield and ya can listen lol

where is huddersfield??? basically im as far south as possible! on the water line. i think its gotta be done. also how much difference will a de-cat make?