ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec Gearbox Mount Problem - See post No112

BG V6 IL V6 172cup
Not seen mine either... could not wait for it to turn up. Took a saw to mine and cut 4mm off job done!!

BG V6 IL V6 172cup
I saw this post the day before it was going to be fitted and out came the saw. I ve replaced the upper and lower engine mounts and gearbox mount the car is transformed, the car feels much smother to drive.

Gah - I just can't bring myself to hacksaw a chunk off

If it doesn't turn up over next few days I'll probably find an engineering company to machine the top mount down a bit lol

Anyone else had theirs yet? Been well over a week now since they were apparently posted but not had mine - Think I might give Sean a ring and make sure my name was on the list

Bit of an update for anyone still waiting

Rang vibratechnics - they only had 20 top hats to send out and I believe over 50 sets to replace - so they've sent 20 out - but the rest go out today as they are getting a delivery at lunch

Even though I was number 1 on the list - they haven't sent mine out yet :( but they said it'll be out this afternoon

So if anyone is still waiting - you should get it next 2 or 3 days

182cup/D40/Hornet
Fitted mine over weekend, did notice the original washer/ nut was too big for cut out, put it tight but after reading this abit concearned, do you contact ktec directly with details for revised parts???

has anyone fitted one of the new top hats yet ? does the bottom washer still spin ?
i bought one of these kits at the beginning of february and fitted it two days before this thread was started :(
been out to check it tonight and the bottom washer is slack !!
so i stripped my mount down to check the top hat and mine is the shorter one ( 10mm deep on the bit that fits inside the rubber mount ?)and is hitting the nut part of the gearbox bolt.
even with the spacer off if i assemble the mount parts on the gearbox bolt the top hat hits the nut part and all parts are slack.

Sean any ideas ???

and yes the nut under the gearbox bolt is tight.

Got mine today

Loads smaller - and does now have a washer and replacement nut. The cut out on the top is deeper and bigger as well to allow the nut to sit into the top hat more :)

I'm gonna fit it tonight - got an engine crane in the garage so should only take 10mins

I'll take pics of it being fitted, differences and let you know if it solves the rattly lower spacer problem :D

engine_mount_revised_1.jpg

engine_mount_revised_2.jpg

engine_mount_revised_3.jpg

Well it's a choice between - getting the passenger side on an axel stand, then removing the plastic engine under-cover, then putting my trolley jack under the gearbox to support it

Or just hook the engine crane onto the lifting eye

Bosh lol

Right I didn't get any pics cos just as I took the battery off the car to start work - it started raining

Only took me 10 mins - supported the engine with the crane (overkill but quick lol) - undid the 18mm nut and pulled the top hat off

Then fitted the new one and the new washer and 19mm nut - it pulled the gearbox up by at least another 10mm I feel - loads of bolt sticks up through the nut now

The bottom big washer is now tight and not moving about and the vibrations in the car seem less - although they do still rattle the dashboard about lol

Gonna pull the top of the dash off this weekend and see if I can put some strips of foam on key areas to stop the vibrations making it rattle so much