ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec or PureMotors top mounts is comfortable for daily driving?

Clio 172 rs ph1
Hello all again me :) , i will buy K-tec or Pure Motorsports top mount for my Clio 172 ph1 rs but i have many questions about this part. By the way my car has ST v1 coilover.

Firstly , how do i apply this part to my car ?
Secondly , if i apply this part ,then does the comfort of the car in daily use deteriorate? ( I live in Turkey , our roads are worse and dimply than yours.
Finally, If anyone uses this part in their car, can you send detailed photos ?

Thanks all , Have a Good Day :)

1636352286770.png
1636352342064.png

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
The primary issue is the bearings will not like the bumps and holes in the road. You will prematurely wear out the bearings and have to replace them.

Clio 172 rs ph1
The primary issue is the bearings will not like the bumps and holes in the road. You will prematurely wear out the bearings and have to replace them.
hmm, If I'm not going to race on the track, then it's no use for everyday use. right ?

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
IMO top mounts are a great addition to any fast road car, even if it never sees the track, the improvement in feel and through the wheel is really good. Just consider the bearings a serviceable part, and budget to replace them if they wear.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I use BC top mounts with their coilovers and there's less noise over bumps compared to oem mounts.

On big pot holes, you do get a big solid bang though sometimes. Obviously avoid them if you can.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
hmm, If I'm not going to race on the track, then it's no use for everyday use. right ?
If your roads are bad then I'd rather run standard top mounts for noise reduction than have the advantage of a more direct steering feel.
On better roads then maybe i'd sway the other way.