ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-TEC Racing are the best!

Took 298 in for a Group N re-map last Saturday and there was a glitch somewhere between the ECU and their computer and to cut a long story short my car was immobilized for a week, not even Renault could get a new ECU to work, while I had the courtesy car, Dave Kirk (K-TEC's MD) sent the original ECU to Hollland and it plugged back in and worked first time. Dave is probably the nicest mechanic I've ever met and went out of his way to get my car back to me, replacing a kerbed alloy and fitting an ITG panel filter gratis for the inconvenience and delivering my car to me at work in Brighton (over 100 miles away) yesterday. On top of that the ECU came back with the tuned map on so I was really happy.

As I posted this in the tuning section I better just say that the map is excellent, there is a shed load more torque across the middle of the rev range and the 5K kick has been replaced with a proper surge (rather than a spike) starting at about 4.5K all the way to the extended limiter. The engine response is the biggest improvement though, tapping the throttle before could be done without a change in revs but not now, it's so much keener.

The worries about re-mapping are sorted now, because they've got a new computer and a bench full of ready mapped ECU's just in case it happens again. I couldn't recommend the map or K-Tec more - Here's the link:

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1966&pic=2

Dave is a top bloke and a true professional. Thanks.:D

R

rich[182]

Have you had any other mods done prior or is it just panel filter + ecu ?
Have they got their own on site rolling road too ?
Ta

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i have a bb version of this (think its fast chips) and recommend it too!. I found the same as you. You get a nice surge @4.5 k. Need to try an standard 172 for comparison now lol

throttle bodied mk2 172
i dont know if they are best but their web marketing is pretty safe and quick

V6 Exige, GTR R35
good one!

never had any problems with k-tec either and david will go out of his way to help.......

RB 200 Cup!
ordered from Ktec before and goods arrived v quickly - no hassle so i would highly recommend em and when i get a sport its going to them for all its work i reckon

although it seems they have helped you out on this occasion mate which is great for you i would never touch them again with a barge pole hillpower all the way for me from now on i have just recently come into some money for some serious mods and david has lost out on this business because of his shite attitude to customer service and with people who dont spend alot!!! very happy though you got it sorted and posted a comment on the group n ecu!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Chocolate Bar™
nah he means k tec lol. I have to agree there customer service on the phone etc is absolutly shite, however when i was there in person, they were good. However half of there buisness comes from the internet, so surely they should start working on that side of their buisness, hate companies who think customer service isnt important

V6 Exige, GTR R35
ive had dealings both on the internet and even drove down from scotland last summer to go there. never had a hint of trouble..... there are worse - far worse but i aint even gonna go into that on this thread......

clidge said:
ktech are a bunch of w*nkers although it seems they have helped you out on this occasion mate which is great for you i would never touch them again with a barge pole hillpower all the way for me from now on i have just recently come into some money for some serious mods and david has lost out on this business because of his sh*te attitude to customer service and with people who dont spend alot!!! very happy though you got it sorted and posted a comment on the group n ecu!!!

why dont you tell us what you really feel LMAO!

of course mate you should however a remapped ecu will not look any difference i believe so if anything god forbid happens they would not be able to tell...i say ride with it mate!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Always had cracking service with k-tec. + i always spk to David when i phone too. lol

clidge said:
of course mate you should however a remapped ecu will not look any difference i believe so if anything god forbid happens they would not be able to tell...i say ride with it mate!!
Thats what I was thinking, anyone know roughly what this adds to you insurance if you do declare it. I'm thinking of getting a new exhaust/remap and am looking for figures

Spoonie said:
Thats what I was thinking, anyone know roughly what this adds to you insurance if you do declare it. I'm thinking of getting a new exhaust/remap and am looking for figures

goe with 5 percent for the whole lot, that will cover it, exhaust and remap will add around 10bhp at best

Ph1
Spoonie said:

Waist of time telling them unless you like throwing money away.

Mapping a ECU is only altering settings to a higher limit not adding a box of tricks which they ''might'' happen to find.

You should tell them about bolt on mods tho.

Im impressed with K-tec.

Everyone has bad experiences with companys.

Have to say I have never bought from K-Tec but I previously called them for advice and always contacted them about available induction kits as I had found it almost impossible to locate one for my car. On both occasions they were MORE than helpfull. There advice on the first occasion got my exhaust sorted and parts replaced FOC by the offending garage, and they found an induction that was available to fit my car, it wasnt quite what I wanted, but they were the only people able to find one!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
clidge said:
ktech are a bunch of w*nkers although it seems they have helped you out on this occasion mate which is great for you i would never touch them again with a barge pole hillpower all the way for me from now on i have just recently come into some money for some serious mods and david has lost out on this business because of his sh*te attitude to customer service and with people who dont spend alot!!! very happy though you got it sorted and posted a comment on the group n ecu!!!

That is the most shocking post I have read in a long time. Customer service is the most important side to our business.

Clidge, I have no idea what I have done but I would be very interetsed to find out. Please drop me a PM with the details.

If anyone experiences bad customer service on the phone please make a note of who you speak to and drop me an e-mail. It is totally unacceptable for us to be accused of bad customer service as that is now what we are about and I will make sure it does not happen again.

David.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Clidge, it is OK I have found your post now. I have put a new topic in the Clio discussion section.

David.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
FredYozzasport said:
they both use Fastchip AFAIK

I was going to say you should really be thanking Hank of Fastchip who do the ecu mappings.
Funny how fastchip supply ecu,s for both K-tec and BB tuning??

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
jph172 said:
I was going to say you should really be thanking Hank of Fastchip who do the ecu mappings.
Funny how fastchip supply ecu,s for both K-tec and BB tuning??

As I mentioned, Fastchip did not have anything to do with this program on the Trophy.

Henk is a supreme mapper of the 172/182 engines as we have used him and his programmes several times, we have yet to find anyone in the UK who can map a car as well as him.

David.

Leon Cupra R 225
Bought bits and pieces of k-tec in recent times, nothing major, top of the pile being a powertec sl1 IK and that was spot on.

Good service, would recommend them again.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
K-Tec Racing said:
As I mentioned, Fastchip did not have anything to do with this program on the Trophy.

Henk is a supreme mapper of the 172/182 engines as we have used him and his programmes several times, we have yet to find anyone in the UK who can map a car as well as him.

David.

if henk is a supreme mapper of 172 engines, and you haven't used him for this ecu, you must have found someone better then?

just curious lol

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
Ali said:
Always had cracking service with k-tec. + i always spk to David when i phone too. lol

When I had the clio, I also used k-tec a lot and couldnt fault them and david really is a top bloke to talk to and ask advice and he will go out of his way to help!