ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec Racing ITB Kit Installation?

Renault Clio 172
First post on here, so Hi! :D

I'm in Australia and just received my KTR ITB kit, but am a bit unsure of the install process. As it did not have any instructions etc, I was wondering if anyone has any details of the process of installing the kit on a ph2 172 (or 182)?

I am hoping to do the work myself, so any guidance would be much appreciated!

Aaron

02' PH1 172
I would get hold of them and ask for some instructions. I'm sure they normally pack them in with the kit. Good luck!!

Golf GTD Mk7
Give the guys at K-tec a call

That would cost as much as the kit ;)

If you're reasonably compitant with a spanner, you should be fine. I should just all bolt on. Not sure if there is much wiring to mess with. That and the changing of the throttle pedal/cable.

Renault Clio 172
I sent them an email, but am still waiting on a reply. I am happy to have it professionally installed, but it should be within my capabilities provided I had some info on the different stages etc.

I'm guessing noone on here has posted a detailed how-to thread for such work?

RS Clio 172 Phase 2
Is there anyone else on here running the kit?

I havent been on here for Ages but i thought there were a few that had purchased the kit and can give some guidance?

Evo 5 RS
lol ^ that is the original Jenvey kit supplied and fitted running Omex 600 originally fitted by KTR to my car. It is not the Gen90 & KTR ITB Kit. (although both are Jenvey)

Trophy Turbo :)
I had this kit from K Tec running a Omex 600 series.

Install is easy mate you done need any instructions at all.

Remove the inlet
removed the lower inlet
remove the airbox
remove your lamdnda sesnor
Install the ITBS on the head with the provided allan head bolls
remove the water hosueing on the head and drill it near the oem water temp, tapp the housing with the provided drill and tapp, install the omex sensor
replace the water jacket housing
chop the plug on the VVT loom from renault and solder that too the omex wire loom.
install the omex injector plugs
install the air temp sensor near the boddies just cable tie it on.
Link the omex into the crank sensor unless you get a new sensor with this, then there will be adaptor plugs.
Install wide band lambdna into exhaust and plug into the correct slot.

Easy

ITB'd MK1
I had this kit from K Tec running a Omex 600 series.

Install is easy mate you done need any instructions at all.

Remove the inlet
removed the lower inlet
remove the airbox
remove your lamdnda sesnor
Install the ITBS on the head with the provided allan head bolls
remove the water hosueing on the head and drill it near the oem water temp, tapp the housing with the provided drill and tapp, install the omex sensor
replace the water jacket housing
chop the plug on the VVT loom from renault and solder that too the omex wire loom.
install the omex injector plugs
install the air temp sensor near the boddies just cable tie it on.
Link the omex into the crank sensor unless you get a new sensor with this, then there will be adaptor plugs.
Install wide band lambdna into exhaust and plug into the correct slot.

Easy

If it's the newer kit it's much easier than that. No loom cutting at all. just plug in the ECU to original loom, add the TPS adaptor loom, and bolt all the bits on. Hardest part is changing the pedal for a cable one, and that's not really hard.

Renault Clio 172
Thanks for the replies, but to be honest, I was hoping for more of a detailed guide (I'm surprised that noone has done one yet!). In that case, I may well just pay for a pro to do the install for me.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
And if they do email you a PDF can you upload and link to it here? Would like to have a read through it!

Renault Clio 172
The link above wont work for me.

I went over the kit today with my mechanic and he feels there is a fair bit to install (probably a full day for a pro). So, without a detailed guide, I'm not sure I should attempt the install myself.

I finally receieved a response from K-Tec, who said they a currently 'working on getting a guide together', which probably means that I wont be seeing it anytime soon...

To be honest, I was really hoping for a thorough guide somewhere, so might just end up paying the mechanic (at least he knows his way in, around and over a 172 far more than I do).

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I'm not being funny but that is f**king terrible tbh.

It's not a cheap kit, and the actual cost to produce the instructions would be next to nothing.

Ktec you'll have no money from me, ever. I'm off to see the professionals at TDF.

Renault Clio 172
Yeah, no guide is supplied at this stage. A bit frustrating to say the least, as I assumed something like this would come with a guide for sure :banghead:

On the upside, the kit looks great and when installed I'll probably change my tune. However, for the moment, I'm still trying to hunt some sort of guide down.

Failing that, I've booked it in for next Thursday at the workshop to have it all fitted.

182 Turbo Project
Wow.

January was the time Ktec were getting an order from me! Maybe not now, TDF it is! Or maybe JMS for the RS2...Hmmmm

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Aaron, we do have a basic guide and we did have many more pictures ready to produce a more details guide but someone has stolen our camera. :mad:

Instead we are producing a video fitting guide in the next couple of weeks, no use for you at this stage I know but if you need any help just give us a call. We will also be making the video fitting guide available for all to see so you can see what is involved in fitting the kit before taking the plunge.

David.

Renault Clio 172
David, would I be able to get my hands on the basic guide? I'd say that I wont need detailed pictures/video etc, but just a brief rundown would be helpful.

Having said that, a video guide in the future would be a great help for those thinking about taking the plunge.

Can't wait for the ITB's to go in!