ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-TEC RACING STEALTH EXHAUST

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
As some of you know we had a batch of exhausts produced that did not have a fully welded centre box. This meant a pipe inside the centre box was only tacked into place and has resulted in soem systems suffering froma rattling centre section when the welds start to break. This was an isolated case and the customers who have experienced this have had their centre sections replaced as per our lifetime guarantee. Any customers that may experience this will be sorted out in the same efficient manner.

The good news is that to prevent this happening again (due to a slacking welder cutting corners!) we have redisigned the centre box. All new systems will now come with the new design, which when tested has reduced the exhaust noise level 2db over the previous design.

That is all I wanted to inform you of as I know there have been a few posts about rattling centres on this forum. I did not want any new potential purchasers of the exhaust to think they all suffered from this and that by not acknowledging it we were trying to keep something quiet.

David.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
thats good news mate as im looking to buy one fancy doin me one on the cheap so i can give it a good review for ya;)

Iceburg 172FF
defo good news, been reading about these and I will be hopefully ordering mine the end of this month.

172Petey

Just ordered mine today, will I get the new model, or the old rattley one? Not bothered which really so long as its all good and secure!!

Burgandy 174 sport t
If anyone should be unfortunate enough to get a faulty exhaust from the batch of ten, Will they get any re-fitting costs back??

Lotus Elise 111R
If anyone should be unfortunate enough to get a faulty exhaust from the batch of ten, Will they get any re-fitting costs back??

I had one, and David refitted me a brand new one free of charge, no questions asked. Not sure about other fitting of course... New one is great now and has been on for a few weeks now.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Just ordered mine today, will I get the new model, or the old rattley one? Not bothered which really so long as its all good and secure!!

It was only 1 batch we had the issue with only a few of the mark 2 versions we have sold have turned into "rattley" ones as clarified above. This is exaclty the type of comment I am trying to prevent and your system will be spot on ;)

David.

172Petey

It was only 1 batch we had the issue with only a few of the mark 2 versions we have sold have turned into "rattley" ones as clarified above. This is exaclty the type of comment I am trying to prevent and your system will be spot on ;)

David.

Sweet.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
We did not have many fitment issues at all. It was the fact that the company that made them for us could not produce a consistent product.

David.