ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec say im wrong

Monaco Blue 172
Was measuring my hole spacing today on my 1.2 8v 2003. I measured from middle of bolt to middle of bolt as 52mm and I was told to measure the width which was 23mm. But K-tec said it wouldn't be 52 it would be 58 or 60mm??? Ne 1 Help?

52mm is very common on the 1.2's. the early Mk2 phase 2 1.2's have 52mm hubs.
58mm are a comon size on the Mk2 phase 2 all other cars except some 1.2 16V early and other 1.2's.
60mm hubs are only used on the Cup packed 182.s

Monaco Blue 172
Mines the mk 2 ph2 edde so u think i will be 58mm? Also when you ring a renault garage they normally ask for your plate and bring a pic up of the car. If they did this and selected the springs do you think it would tell me the hole spacing?

172 cup'd extreme
If you have measured it as 52mm then it is, loads of 1.2's have the 52mm spacing esp the 8 valve 1.2's. Which suspension kit are you looking at buying? Is K-tec the only place that sell it ?

Lots of Alfas
My 2000 1.2 mk2ph1 has 52mm spacing and my dads 2001 mk2ph1 1.2 has 52mm spacing, if you find a suspension kit for the 52mm spaced clio let me know.

Monaco Blue 172
16v_jon said:
If you have measured it as 52mm then it is, loads of 1.2's have the 52mm spacing esp the 8 valve 1.2's. Which suspension kit are you looking at buying? Is K-tec the only place that sell it ?
Was gonna get the apex 60mm drop but that only fits 58mm hole spacing

You can just get some 58mm hubs its not difficult to chnage them plus the 58mm hubs usually have a wider selection of parts.

Lots of Alfas
Yeah cheers edde, spax make a kit for the 52mm spaced mk2 clios the part number for the kit is TAG1113, it lowers the car 35mm.

davebem said:
Yeah cheers edde, spax make a kit for the 52mm spaced mk2 clios the part number for the kit is TAG1113, it lowers the car 35mm.
I do't like Spax kits though after my experinaces with them but to be faire they did seem keen to help all the time and the warently decinet.

172 cup'd extreme
edde said:
I do't like Spax kits though after my experinaces with them but to be faire they did seem keen to help all the time and the warently decinet.

Me too i had 3 pairs of rear shockers off them, but i hear they have now fixed the problem, gotta give a british company a chance

16v_jon said:
Me too i had 3 pairs of rear shockers off them, but i hear they have now fixed the problem, gotta give a british company a chance
Mine are now on there 4th or 5th set I think.
Didn't know they werea british compnay they do seem to be trying and getting better though.