ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec sound clip

Does any1 know where to find a sound clip of the new "quiet" K-tec exhaust? I wanna be sure its quiet enough(4 me) be4 i buy the twin 3,5"

Many thanks!

ICE'dberg MK2 172

its not that much quieter than the loud system...its just the quiet system doesnt drone at motorway speeds....has the same throaty roar tho..:D

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Yeah ... just had a "quiet" system fitted today (with a brand new design of tail-pipe K-tec have just got - I chose it over the ever popular twin 3) ... and my brain is still humming from the drive home. Gonna take a bit of getting used to ... tho the car is pulling very well with it on and not just because it sounds like its got 50 extra horses :)

First time Id met the folk at K-tec! They were great and pretty local for me too! They took some pictures of the new tail pipe design after they fitted it to my car so expect to see my dirty 172 on their web-site soon :D

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Cant get quieter systems from ktec for the newer shape model clios. I have an email from david saying the following...

Hello, for the Clio 2s we only have the one version of the systems available

which is neither quiet or very loud.

David Kirk

K-Tec Racing Ltd

01202 855020

www.k-tecracing.com

david - believe us, they are available, as above, chris172 has the quiet system

the difference is the quiet system has a centre silencer, whereas the normal system is a straight through pipe

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Yep ... new ones have got central box too ... but still VERY throaty aka feels like youre brain has been microwaved at 4krpm @ 90:)

Engine feels like its pulling better low down tho!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

eh!? that was an email from the boss though!!? U rekon i keep pestering him about it?

ah, so there is a quiet system available for the 172/cup but not for the smaller engines :confused:

seems a little unfair for the smaller engined cars, as the exhaust systems are just as boomy at 80mph, believe me, i had one