ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-TEC Stealth center box resonance

2003 Clio 172
Before almost visiting the lunatic asylum.....I took to the Clio last night to find out what the facking resonance was at about 3-4k.

Seems this can be many things in these french boxes but the main candidate looked to be either chassis contact (which it isn't in my case) or heat shields.

So, in blind rage, I removed them.....one-by-one to find out which one was the cause. I did find a couple with mounting points completely corroded away. Going to try and fix that.

The noise still......STILL happened without any heat shields. At least this helped me track the issue to the K-TEC stealth center section which resonates badly at about 3800 rpm and shakes the whole car.

Has anyone had any experience of similar or have any thoughts to a fix?

I am doubtful that K-TEC are going to honor the lifetime warranty as technically, I didn't buy the exhaust....it was on the car. Or am I wrong in that thought?

I have asked them though

Cheers
Jinj