ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec ultra performance exhaust with decat

clio 182
only had the car a few days now, and am finding the exhaust very loud! its ok when you have got to the speed you want, but its the getting there thats the problem = very loud and when u proper give it some, wow its loud! i like the sound it makes just not the volume of it.

am thinking 2 things,
1 - replacing with a k-tec ultra performance sports cat. says on their website that it has all the power gains of a decat but passes emissions test.
or
2 - get a custom sports cat made, say by exhausts uk in sheffield?

cant really justify spending £280 at present and when a custom one starts at £150...

would the car deffo pass emissions test with either of else?
whats peoples views on this?
is it worth spending the pennies on 1 from ktec?
would it be quieter with these cats on?

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
quieter with sports cat
will pass emmisions fine as long as its warmed up
buy mine off me done no more than 10k looking for 195 for it, see FS section.

cheers

182 Trophy
cant you get hold of a standard cat> its debatable how much power decats give as 200cell sports cats give better gains than a decat, so how bad can a normal cat be on a cs?. That would make it a fair bit quieter imo.
Also is this the recessed 3.5inch rolled out one? any pics? i was thinking of getting one.

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
cant you get hold of a standard cat> its debatable how much power decats give as 200cell sports cats give better gains than a decat, so how bad can a normal cat be on a cs?. That would make it a fair bit quieter imo.
Also is this the recessed 3.5inch rolled out one? any pics? i was thinking of getting one.
you know this how?

clio 182
its a 2.5in bore so am guessing the standard cat wont fit?

yes it is i think, this is the only pic i have of it at the mo

ill have a look in fs secton now....

Attachments

• IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0371.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 185

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Like Joeh says . See if you can get hold of standard CAT , it'll be alot quieter then . I've just changed mine back for the MOT and tbh i don't think the decat does bugger all thats noticeable other than that make it louder on my Yozzasport exhaust .

BG182®
I've been running the supersport version and decat for a 6 months and I know just how you feel. A 400 mile trip made me feel physically sick with the noise.

The standard cat will solve the issue but if I'm honest, it will sound pants with it on (IMO). Even though it's nice to have the quietness back, I miss the sound it made when giving it the beans :(

Standard cat will solve the noise but in return, it takes away the reason you bought it... The sound.

Insignia SRi
That system with a decat is way too loud for me but then im getting old!! lol

On the way to Newquay all i could hear was your car Will on the motorway!!! :)

Saying that the KTR supersport unsilenced 172 system and V6 airbox i got aint exactly quiet! lol

clio 182
Cheers guys. Would a standard cat fit on the 2.5 bore ktec ultra perforance exhuast? What about ktecs matching cat for this exhaust? Or go custom?

clio 182
Unsure as the exhaust was on the car when I got it. Any easy ways of finding out? Looking on ur website, I found it was the ultra preforance exhaust n I know it has a decat.

Ph 1 172
so how loud are we talking as im thinking of getting a decat with my ktec stealth supersports! have you got any videos?

182 BEAN
i have just purchased a silnced de cat from k tec to go with my ultra supersport exhaust as its going to jms to be re mapped and have matched inlets , this shouldnt make it any louder but as a exhaust give it some beans and its well loud but like everyone else u buy an eftermarket system for the noise !!!

BG182®
Cheers guys. Would a standard cat fit on the 2.5 bore ktec ultra perforance exhuast? What about ktecs matching cat for this exhaust? Or go custom?

My cat fitted strait back on but just make sure you have a decent clamp for it as mine was blowing pretty bad.

The 182 cat can be found at scrappy's for a decent price, so its up to you how much you plan to spend really.

clio 182
so how loud are we talking as im thinking of getting a decat with my ktec stealth supersports! have you got any videos?
ive got a 182, ill take a video tonight if i get chance or in the morning.

ok cheers people, what about perforance wise?

k-tec - what would you recomend?

clio 182
i have just purchased a silnced de cat from k tec to go with my ultra supersport exhaust as its going to jms to be re mapped and have matched inlets , this shouldnt make it any louder but as a exhaust give it some beans and its well loud but like everyone else u buy an eftermarket system for the noise !!!

can you let me know when its fitted n let me know what its like

TrackCar & F30 330d
With cat
[youtube]Cr8QCXt5XWI[/youtube]

With out cat
[youtube]PApOT9VZRm8&feature=related[/youtube]

I have the same exhaust and its much quieter with the cat.

Just get the cat welded with some flanges :)

260% JCW
Buy the silenced centre section mate, had mine fitted at KTech 1st with the straight through then with the silenced centre.

Straight through was way to loud for me.

Ph 1 172
With cat
[youtube]Cr8QCXt5XWI[/youtube]

With out cat
[youtube]PApOT9VZRm8&feature=related[/youtube]

I have the same exhaust and its much quieter with the cat.

Just get the cat welded with some flanges :)

ordering a decat purely based on this video lol... thats sweet exact noise i want not boompy but raspy!! just need to get underneath the car to find out weather or not i have a ph1 172 with 2 lambda sensors or 1...woop woop cant wait lol

clio 182
thats not giving it anything, when u give it some, its stupidly loud! ill have a decat for sale once i find a cat to replace it with n the money lol

clio 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy.clio
Just get the cat welded with some flanges

????? sorry am not very Mechanical
u talking about a standard cat or a ktr cat?

is it power difference noticable between the standard cat and a ktr cat?

TrackCar & F30 330d
My exhaust sounds like this now i have the ITB's :)

[youtube]Cka6w92iPJs[/youtube]

Video gets better at about 32 seconds btw :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Quote:

u talking about a standard cat or a ktr cat?

is it power difference noticable between the standard cat and a ktr cat?

I went to charlie at prospeed and had the cat modified with flanges on either side so i could quickly bolt the cat and decat on and off.

Think there is a picture in my project thread near the begining :)