ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M clio 2 ph2 AC delete kit

Clio 2ph2 k4m
hello i am new here and i would need advice on how to replace the AC compressor on the k4m motor. I would like to remove it completely and lighten the car. doesn't anyone make it?

Clio 172 + Clio200T
Hello, I did it in the past.. all custom built.
Tried different solutions.. best was to keep oem alternator and alt/comp bracket, then remove the 2 small pulleys and using the non spring loaded one make a small sliding bracket and make it tension the belt as you like it.

At first I attempted a conversion making the alternator swivel as the F4R but due to vibrations it gave me problems.

The described solution is cheap and works very well, I kept for years.

If you are interested I can take pics as I still have that engine around

EDIT, sorry I havent read the year!! Thought it was from last month..

Clio 2ph2 k4m
JI used a console from a 1.4 8v Kangoo .. The top pulley went to the bottom (I have electric steering)
kurai What problem did you have?

Clio 2ph2 k4m
IMG_20220723_115706.jpg
IMG_20220723_115706.jpg
IMG_20220723_105219.jpg
IMG_20220723_124257.jpg
IMG_20220723_133015.jpg
IMG_20220723_124303.jpg
IMG_20220723_113527.jpg

Clio 172 + Clio200T
That's a nice solution too!
In my case I decided to use the small idler pulley to have more space free, to have it lighter and have shorter belt.
I attach a picture of that engine where you can see the idler and the sliding bracket.

Didn't had any problem with this setup, but at some point the car become a track toy so now it has a full racing conversion and f4r with itb.

Attachments

• IMG_20200828_165844_1.jpg
    IMG_20200828_165844_1.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 24
  Clio 2ph2 k4m
That's a nice solution too!
In my case I decided to use the small idler pulley to have more space free, to have it lighter and have shorter belt.
I attach a picture of that engine where you can see the idler and the sliding bracket.

Didn't had any problem with this setup, but at some point the car become a track toy so now it has a full racing conversion and f4r with itb.
Don't you remember the length of the belt and what it was made of?

Clio 172 + Clio200T
Don't you remember the length of the belt and what it was made of?
I remember it was a 4pk, because it only had to move the alternator.. length I honestly don't remember.. but I should still have it around.. I'll have a look in the next days and if I find it i will tell you ok??

Clio 2ph2 k4m
I remember it was a 4pk, because it only had to move the alternator.. length I honestly don't remember.. but I should still have it around.. I'll have a look in the next days and if I find it i will tell you ok??
thank you very much ! I use 6pk1100 from Clio 1 rsi, but it does not fit perfectly on the crank pulley... even though the grooves and width are the same, the depth is not, and I have 6 grooves for the pulley

Clio 172 + Clio200T
thank you very much ! I use 6pk1100 from Clio 1 rsi, but it does not fit perfectly on the crank pulley... even though the grooves and width are the same, the depth is not, and I have 6 grooves for the pulley
6 is definitely overkill for only alternator.. on my current f4r setup I have a 4pk and its also making water pump run.. it goes without problems.

anyway.. I'll for sure be able to tell you the brand and model of belt as I have some around in the garage bought in the same place. hope to find the one used on that engine so that I can also tell you the right code

Clio 2ph2 k4m
6 is definitely overkill for only alternator.. on my current f4r setup I have a 4pk and its also making water pump run.. it goes without problems.

anyway.. I'll for sure be able to tell you the brand and model of belt as I have some around in the garage bought in the same place. hope to find the one used on that engine so that I can also tell you the right code

the original was 6pk, I tried to keep it, if less is enough, I will be happy

Clio 172 + Clio200T
the original was 6pk, I tried to keep it, if less is enough, I will be happy
Don't worry,4pk is more than enough. especially on k4 engine family where the belt only move alternator..
if its good on a tuned f4r which revs more and also have to drive the waterpump.. it will be enough on the k4.
when I had on my k4 engine.. I did thousands of kilometers without problems.