ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Conversion Wiring

Clio RSI
Fitting a K4M engine into my clio ph1, I have a full megane mk1 donor car for the conversion, can I just use the megane loom, ecu, ignition barrel and key in the clio ?

Help is much appreciated

Clio RSI
I will be fitting the megane loom next week along with ecu, ignition barrel and key, cant see any reason why it wont work !!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I learnt something today!

Surely the key is going to have to be a different one to open than it is to start it?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
The door locks ain't ? The meggy ones won't fit the Clio mech.

Meaning you'd need two keys, one for the ignition of he's using the meggy one, and the Clio key for the doors

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
thats easily sorted. Blades are interchangeable in the keys

Sorry mate I don't think I said what I meant properly. The immob key chip from the clio will be needed to open the cars UCH and then the immob chip from the megane will need to be in the ignition key. Unless there's no immob!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
There will only be 1 immobiliser, both won't work together. Key blades are interchangeable as are the chips ;)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Sorry mate I don't think I said what I meant properly. The immob key chip from the clio will be needed to open the cars UCH and then the immob chip from the megane will need to be in the ignition key. Unless there's no immob!

No UCH ! There's an iMmob, old school by passable

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
All he has to do is take the blade out of the Megane key and put it in the Clio key - Clio immob done, and blade to open door and barrel done.

or take the chip out of the Clio key and put it in the Megane key.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Wah, am I being a complete tard. Surely the UCH from the clio will still need to be there to control all the internal functions of the car?

epiphany mid post, by bass immob allows for one key. ta da. This is an awful lot of work for a car that can be bought.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
oh it's a MK1 being converted is it? or is it a mk2 ph1 which does have a uch, don't they? I'm making a fool of myself hear so bid this thread farewell!

hE2098BD5.jpg

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
f**k my bad pmsl :eek:

I always assumed they didn't have one like the ph2 as I haven't seen one problem with one on them, and the iMob kits to bypass it all is available unlike the ph2.

Sorry graham :eek:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
internet-high-five.jpg

Felt like I knew nothing about cars for a moment then. Close call.

Bypass on ph1s I think but not the ph2. I might have just told a fib though.

Lol yep it is

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Yes like I said you can bypass on the ph1 somehow as there ps kits to do it. Ph2 has feck all for it

Think we should leave this now before Jaff explodes :p

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I've lost interest lol. Guy is trying to make a car that's already available and he's going to pay more for it!