ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Downpipe replacement?

1.6 Clio Dynamique
Hi all, any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

I've got a 1.6 K4M Clio & the front flexi pipe is mashed and I'd like to replace it. However I've been told that the manifold & downpipe come attached which means I'd have to buy a whole new manifold, is this correct?

I toyed around with the idea of trying to get a 1*2 manifold to fit on but I'm almost certain it wouldn't fit due to the mounts & other things. This means my only option is to source another K4M Exhaust Manifold + Downpipe from somewhere, broblem I've been having is there only seems to be manifolds about with no flexi/downpipes, which is the main part I need.

Could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Clio 2.0 16v 182
K4m manifold is attached by spring bolts to the cat. But if someone's put a flexi pipe in they may have changed this. But the 172 mani should fit the k4m. 182 mani is a bit more annoying, bigger and (I'm told) provides less power

172 Ph1
K4m manifold is attached by spring bolts to the cat. But if someone's put a flexi pipe in they may have changed this. But the 172 mani should fit the k4m. 182 mani is a bit more annoying, bigger and (I'm told) provides less power

K4M doesn't have any springs at all . It's a flat mated flange manifold to down pipe , the flexy joint takes up the movement .
K4m exhaust outlets on the head are different to those of 172 , 182 .
Pretty much doubt it'll fit .

If you read this thread - the fella had to make his own exhaust manifold .

Search Lelouch's k4j clio project if the link doesn't work.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur.../&share_tid=582755&share_fid=191&share_type=t

Happy reading .

1.6 Clio Dynamique
Thanks for your inputs guys, I'm certain a 1*2 Exhaust Mani of any sort won't fit the K4M so I'll steer clear of that idea.

However I'm still in need of a new flexi-joint or maybe even just get a custom pipe made? Car is decatted already & the shop that did it offered to charge me £150 for the new pipe which I found quite expensive.

Any advice? Cheers guys.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Strange. My k4m fits a 172 mani. Anyway if there is a fitment problem with yours you'd be better off to replace the cat/decat.

1.6 Clio Dynamique
Strange. My k4m fits a 172 mani. Anyway if there is a fitment problem with yours you'd be better off to replace the cat/decat.

You've managed to fit a 172 Mani to your K4M? Any problems with fitment? If it's a straight fit I'd definitely consider making the switch.

Yeah I may just get a custom pipe made to sort out the problem, seems to be the best option at the moment.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
The gasket was a different shape so I needed a new one fabricated. But the fixings were perfect fits

172 Ph1
The differences are K4M has oval/square ish outlets and F4R has round isn't it ?
If the 172/182 mini is the same width then it probably wouldn't be restricted .
I'd try the K4M gasket against the F4R mani

1.6 Clio Dynamique
How about a Twingo 133 Mani? They run K4M engines too but I'm not too sure about space regarding the chassis & whatnot.