ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K850i Debrand

Evening all,

Phoned Orange today and onyl managed to get the K850 from them as an upgrade (Wanted the N95).

I was wondering how easy/much it costs to get it debranded (To run clean Sony Firmware)

And if its possible to change the product code (Like the N95) which allows it to receive clean firmware from Sony

Sy

ps: Any nice wee tricks it can do?? (Apps?)

Evening all,

Phoned Orange today and onyl managed to get the K850 from them as an upgrade (Wanted the N95).

I was wondering how easy/much it costs to get it debranded (To run clean Sony Firmware)

And if its possible to change the product code (Like the N95) which allows it to receive clean firmware from Sony

Sy

ps: Any nice wee tricks it can do?? (Apps?)

Do some searching on google, i managed to do for nothing with my n95, got rid of the crappy vodafone firmware. I did it by downloading some software to change the product code of my phone to an unbranded version and then just updated via the nokia website.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Im recieving one soon, on Orange. When i flash it to generic Sony Ericsson firmware, will it still keep all the settings such as the message centre for text messages and the settings for mms and internet etc?

thanks

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Message center is on the sim, the other settings will be wiped.

SO SO SO easy to send them to the phone via text.