ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*Ka** spent a good 20 hours on it since we have bought it!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Hiya all - bought this little run around on Tuesday 54 plate 19k on the clock one lady owner! for the wife and for me when i dont want to get the clio mucky lol! ocd heaven!

sold this
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=89758

Polished/cleaned all areas and even gave underneath a lick of paint! :thumb:

Overall pleased with the result! :rasp: no before pics (sorry)

DSCF0754.jpg

DSCF0753.jpg

DSCF0752.jpg

DSCF0751.jpg

DSCF0750.jpg

DSCF0749.jpg

DSCF0748.jpg

DSCF0747.jpg

:rasp:

Im not spending as much time as i have the clio! but i will keep it looking its best! :eek:

182 Trophy
Thts fantastic mate, love to see any standard car thats as immaculate as this
how long did you spend on the underside?, ive spent a few hours on the lupo with apc and a selcetion of brushes and still dont have anything as good as what that is lol

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
thanks all! :approve: lol the inside of the spare wheel got a bit of a clean! :)
only a bit of a clean underneath and a lick of paint! freshens it up! exhaust is like s/s from standard! :)

PH1 iceburg
Paul you are a legend

I think the saying is "you can't polish a turd".

You have proved it wrong :)

Golf R
can't beat tyre gel on a budget tyre for great cornering ability! ;)

good effort... but not sure why you'd need to be so thorough on a Ford Ka?!

Golf R/Leon FR
watch out for rust around the petrol cap, they all do it on KA's.

the missus 03 Ka has started rusting around there.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
thanks all - lots more work since pics! clayed and a coat of srp last night :approve: come up really well! there is a tiny rust spot on the rear near the wiper arm were they all go (which i will enquire to cost to get rid of :eek: )

removed dealer sticker/new tax holder!:) and polished all window - almost done now!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
bit more work carried out on the ka today! there was comment on the disappointment of no exhaust shots!

since previous pics.. ive had the spare wheel off again and given it a proper clean (had to wet sand it to get a good finish)
replaced all number plate screws and new covers! :eek:
wet sanded the front bonnet as there were some marks that bugged me!
spayed tank silver (as was starting to show signs of corrosion
dressed all car (including underneath)
fitted sports pack exhaust trim (from one of my old minis)
coat of srp and cleaned all window windows properly etc! removed dealer sticker!
coach strip on the front plate to hide dealers name (silver) makes the front look a lot cleaner :approve: just need a new front light for the front (which the garage is replacing as it seems to have condensation in it! all will be sorted monday!! could put a private plate on it and would look like an 08 plate lol :eek:

thanks all enjoy! yes i know its only a ka lol! ;)

DSCF0765.jpg

DSCF0764.jpg

DSCF0763.jpg

DSCF0762.jpg

DSCF0761.jpg

DSCF0760.jpg

DSCF0759.jpg

DSCF0758.jpg

DSCF0757.jpg

Family Bus
I bet your house has more cleaning products than food doesn't it.

Anytime you fancy a change feel free to pop round a clean mine!

LOL.

Good stuff sir.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
continued to battle away with the ka! :) almost finished now after owning it for a month!
wasnt happy at all that rust had started to form around the wiper arm!!!!!! (common problem i read) and also looking at other kas! :(

anyway! had a go at this my self! but what started out to be a small job - turned out to be a bigge!! :( the rust had spread rather bad - i cleaned all the rust off and rust cured this under the rubber etc - applying primmer and top coat - i masked everything off and tried to blend this! but it didnt look right at all! you could see were i had sprayed it!! so i ended up spraying the whole of the boot!!! Overall pleased but as the rust had attacked the paint work you could see were i had cleaned it up etc to shinny metal! (perhaps in hindslight i shouldnt have taken on such a big project and i would have perhaps just touched it up! but i know that it would have come back(and i wouldnt have been happy with that!!!!!! but i didnt want the rust to spread etc! topcoat and lacqured this and overall pleased! :) just fitted some vinyl today to cut around the rubber to make it look that bit better (tip from a bodyshop guy i went to see about this) he said overall i did a good job (total cost 20.00) he said he would have charged me 250.00 to respray the boot and theres no guarantee he could get a perfect match (apparenty silver is a bit of a pig) :(

anyway few pics for you! 99% of folk wouldnt see what i had done but ive at least kept the rust away from what is all overall a perfect car! pleased

worked hard at getting the back right with 1500 grit and g3 paste (its as smooth silk now) :eek:

what do you thing folks

thanks Paul :)

DSCF0785.jpg

DSCF0784.jpg

close up
DSCF0788.jpg

polished all wheels / trims etc (wheels came up like new)
DSCF0794.jpg

and dressed all bumpers and tyres!

dressed all seats in side (bumper care)
and engine etc
DSCF0793.jpg

DSCF0792.jpg

DSCF0791.jpg

DSCF0790-1.jpg

DSCF0787.jpg

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Paul i need you in my life! Make my car look like this and i'd be having man-gasms every time i went to get in it!

Good work!

Do you not find the g3 compound very abrasive on new paintwork?

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Paul i need you in my life! Make my car look like this and i'd be having man-gasms every time i went to get in it!

Good work!

Do you not find the g3 compound very abrasive on new paintwork?

i left it a few days before giving it a bit of stick on the new paint work and from the rough finish that spraying gave (cans)what with working hard with 1500 grit then g3 paste then srp im pleased :approve:...i asked two women (mum and mother in law) and they didnt know it had been painted) thats good enough for me..being that its mostly women that would buy this car! i can tell ive resprayed it but i obviously would know! :eek:

lol :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Sorry one more question, won't clog up your thread any more, is that 1500 and cut onto the paintwork before laquering? Or Once all is done and laqured?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cool cheers, i always found that rubbing down the paint on its final layer took any metalic out of it, i guess i'll have to have a crack at hitting it with compound!