ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keep Clio GT and modify engine or get Clio RS?

Clio Rs200
A lot of you have probably seen my advert in the cars for sale section as I am wanting to upgrade to a RS, now I prefer the look of my GT but obviously its missing the power an so on of the RS.

Is it worth spending the money on the engine to get more power or am I better off spending the money on the insurance for a RS as its going to be more??

Can you even get more power from the GT's k4m?

Cheers

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Decent 172/182's are cheap as chips tbh, just take your time getting a decent one.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Buy an X65? Eh, they're simple, fun, relatively cheap to run and I love my 172 loads but if i had a choice (or if I could move my mods) I'd be in a 200 in a heart beat. The GT is capable but I personally wouldn't try tuning it unless you're doing it for bragging rights. The Clio III RS will bankrupt you when it needs anything steering or brake related and its pretty poor on fuel. They are however fun to drive though and a much nicer car to be sat in all round to.

If its the power and looks you crave then the RS it should be but save for a properly good example as ones needing some minor TLC tend to cost hundreds to put right.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I wouldn't even do that, I'd just say buy an R27/R26 or other faster car and be done.

We've got a tCe on the drive and everyone looks at me like a rapist when I say tuning it is just a waste of time/money... sure, it'll do 170hp and blah, blah but its her daily and if I wanted to waste £3k I'd sooner do it on my car.

I have a GT DCI and it is a brilliant car but I'm moving to a 200 raider next weekend as I didn't want to pour money into it, You should do the same if I was you not worth blowing a load of cash and possibly making your car unreliable, might aswell get some quick and fun as standard

Clio Rs200
I was leaning towards getting a 197/200 anyway but definitely going in that direction now.

Would love a 200 but at the moment they are a little out my price range but I do really like the 197 f1's.

Iv just got the trouble of selling the GT witch is proving difficult as been up for sale for over a month and not 1 bit of interest

Cheers