ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kenwood Head Unit help please!

133/225/CLS AMG
I bought my gf a KENWOOD-KDC-W7531 CD/MP3 headunit (pic below).

I have installed it and it seems to be working fine, sounds good, saves settings fine etc. The only problem is that we cannot seem to work out how too turn the 'Demo Mode' off.

The intruction show to hold the joystick style button on the right, down until it beeps. Which it does, it shows the 'Demo mode - on' option, if you press it again it says the same thing, but the demo keeps scrolling through afterwards.

Does anyone know how you can switch that off?? I mailed The Car Audio Centre where I bought it from and they advised to phone their tech support...............75p a minute!!! F*ck that, its defective in my eyes if this won't turn off.

KENWOOD-KDC-W7531.jpg

Any help would be massively appreciated!! :D

1.8 Civic EX
take the unit out mate...it will be written on top of it...think it's something silly like hold menu and 5 for 3 secs....

1.8 Civic EX
haha no probs...had the same with my mates kenwood when we instaled it...didn't bother reading all the rubbishon the sticker on top...turns out it helps if you do read it! haha

133/225/CLS AMG
That is because we are male and instructions are not needed. Except in this case where they are haha.

133/225/CLS AMG
Right, I'm gonna have to go back to the drawing board! I took the headunit out and there was no sticker!! :(

Still none the wiser on how to tur off the b*stard demo mode!

1.8 Civic EX
bugger!

how about this...

My unit is stuck in DEMO MODE, how do I end the demonstration?
To get out of Demo Mode for the following units;-
(More models detailed further below.)

DPX-501U, 701U.

KDC-309, 334SA/SG, 3031A/G, W410, W434A/G, W4031,W4034A/G, W4531, W4534, W534/UA/UG, W5031, W5534U, W6031, W6531, W6534U, W707, W7031, W7531, W7534U, W808, W8531, W8534, PSW9531

XXV-01D

Please carry out the following procedure:

1. Press (SRC) button repeatedly unit "STANDBY" is displayed
2. Press and hold (MENU) button to enter the Menu System
3. Toggle the (CONTROL) knob upwards unit "DEMO ON" is displayed
4. Press and hold the (CONTROL) knob unit "DEMO OFF" is displayed
5. Briefly press the (MENU) button to exit the Menu System.

To get out of Demo Mode for the following units;-

KDC-7027,W7027, W8027, W9027, PSW9527

Please carry out the following procedure:

1. Press and hold button #5
2. Press the reset button (small recessed button on front panel)
3. Do not release button #5 until the display lights up again

133/225/CLS AMG
Mate thats the one!!! Tried it last night and it sorted it no problem.

Funnily enough a couple of people on other forums came up with the same instructions. Couldn't find that anywhere in the instructions though. Bloody Kenwood haha.

Tis a nice unit though, glad thats all sorted now.

Cheers Rhino!! :D :D :D :D :D