ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kenwood M7024 or Alpine 9812RR

Im not sure which of these two MP3 head units i prefer! It will be for my 172 when it arrives and they can both be had for less than £230. Please can people give me opinions on which is best (IMPORTANTLY WHY?!)

Also if anyone has any pictures of these units installed in a clio, please post here!

Thanks

Boyo

Skoda Fabia vRS

ive got an Alpine 9812RR and its a great unit, very good sound quality

you cant beat Alpine really....especially against a Kenwood

alpine is easily the best

better sq - thats good enough for me

kenwood should have stuck to making food blenders

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Ive got the Alpine in question, and its very good! Its kickin out 4x60w so u cant really go wrong. Its really good sound quality for the price, and im sure it will look ace in the clio! Go for the Alpine mate, u wont regret it!

I bought the Alpine 9812RR yesterday afternoon after id have a play about with both of them. I think i made the right choice :D

as every1 else has said the alpine for sound quality alone. cant beat any of the alpine head units when comparing them to other makes equivalent!

172 Ph2 2002

I have just put the kenwood in my 172 good hu, but the flip out front gets in the way sometimes when you change gear

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

neither for 230 you can get a pioneer DEHP77MP
hu

PIO-DEHP77MP
Dot Matrix LED display, Ergonomic user interface, MOSFET 50 amplifier,
Burr Brown D/A convertors, Multi-CD Control, CD Text, DAB Tuner Control, Source DVD Control,
External unit control via IP-Bus 2, AUX-In (with optional CD-RB20), Remote control hard-wired & optional infrared RC
ISO Connector, Display illumination White LED, Rotary volume, Front Panel Flap type (mechanical),
Removable Front Panel, Cellular telephone auto muting, Flexible angle installation 0-60°, Adaptive RDS (PI, PS, AF, TP/TA), PTY (Search and Alarm), News interrupt feature, Radio Text, ARC FM D4Q (ARC 5), BSA (Best TP Station Auto Search), High speed PLL Synthesiser tuner, PNS (Pulse Noise Suppressor), No. of Presets 24, BSM (Best Stations Memory), Oversampling digital filter 8 x, D/A Converter 1 bit Bit, Fast forward/reverse, Track Search/Scan/Repeat, Random Play, Last position memory, CD Text, CD-R Playback, MP3, Windows Media™ Audio , CD-RW Playback, Max. output power (watts) MOSFET 4 x 50 Watt, DIN output power (DIN45324, +B=14.4 V) 4 x 27 Watt , HPF, LPF, EEQ Plus, Source Equalisation Memory, Selectable Loudness, ASL (Automatic Sound Leveliser), Direct Sub Drive, Source level adjuster, Fader, RCA Preout 3 (F + R + S/W or Non Fad), High Voltage Output

http://www.mcs-direct.co.uk/acatalog/deh_p77mp.jpg

I paid £239.99 for the Alpine 9812RR

I then went to Halfords and bought the STALK ONLY adaptor which is two seperate leads. They were:

KCE-840B Interface - £49.99

KWE-845E Connecting Lead - £14.50

The dash HAS to be removed to fit this lead as it connects behind the top display.

This lead does NOT work with the existing display even though you have to connect behind it. - Just thought id make that clear because it gets boring people asking every 2mins!!

This stereo is awesome, im impressed for the money.

Boyo

how difficult is it to take out the dash? cos for the screen, u only need to take out the centre, dont you? im confused!