ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kestrel DAS6 - which kit to go for?

Mini JCW
My black cupra is swirled to f*ck, and as therse kestrel kits are on offer atm, it seems a good time to buy one.

As its VAG paint I think i'm going for a 'hard paint' kit, however I cannot choose between this one on Polshed Bliss :

http://polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb-das6-hard-paint-polishing-kit-cat1.html#aMasterZDAS6HP0

or this kit from i4detailing :

http://i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Kestrel_DAS-6_Menz_Kit_2_1.html

As I only know the basics when it comes to detailing, which of the above kits represents the best value for money and better all round kit?

Many thanks

Anthony

Last edited:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
bottom one mate. loads cheaper & will do all u need it too

EDIT: top one. read wrong price. you get loads more from PB

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
The menzerna is popular on DW,

Surely you can just use a less aggressive polish more times for harder paint? Therefore doesn't matter if it doesn't say, 'this kit is ideal for VAG'

Mini JCW
I phoned up polished bliss in the end and they had some in stock just without the free brush which didn't matter to me. So they are despatching it today, along with a free MF :)

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
I phoned up polished bliss in the end and they had some in stock just without the free brush which didn't matter to me. So they are despatching it today, along with a free MF :)

Did you just ring the number at the bottom of the page and ask if they had any in stock? It looks like a right good deal tbh, wouldnt mind getting myself one

Always best to speak to these companies if the website shows something as out of stock. PB are superb bunch of chaps, worth a buzz to chat through what you are looking for as well as stock checking.

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Which one would you gurus recommend for my BG 182.
I was thinking of buying the hard paint kit or should i look to get the intermediate ?

If you are a beginner, go for intermediate-soft paint kits. Mainly because you are better off going wrong with a lesser cutting compound.

I learnt the tricks of the trade on some spare panels with soft cutting compounds like Meguirars 80 and 83. I then worked my way up to faster (harder) cutting compounds like the Menz range.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
To be fair you'd have to be going seriously wrong to do damage with a DA. I did before and after readings with a PTG when I did my car and the difference was about 3 microns! Even with some light wetsanding you'd probably only be removing about 10 microns.