ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

key fob button

M135i
My key fob stopped working the other day so i opened the key up with great force and replaced the battery and it still doesnt work. The thing is i think it may be the actual button as when i now press it compared to before and other clio keys it feels spongey and its asif its the button that has broke inside the fob.

Am i going to need a new key or is it somthing i can fix myself or get a garage to fix ??

Anyone had this problem before ??

Megane dci 130
Its Quite a common problem buddy. Iv had re soldered them before.

If you take the key apart and then take the circiut board out of the plastic and you will see where it should go.

Recaro'd 182
i had it before on mine that one of the clips that holds the button battery in had snapped therefore it wasnt making a proper connection. i used blue tack to fix it in position :p

M135i
How do i take the key apart then ??? Is it somthing some1 who doesnt have a clue what there doing should be doing ? Bit of blue tac once im in there sounds easier than soldering :rasp: lol

Be alot better as new key fobs are v expensive arnt they ?

Recaro'd 182
take the key off your key ring and slide it forward there are two grooves on the end away from the cut key end. slide the cover off with the push button away from the cut key section. then your in you will see the button battery.

M135i
ive got the key in half so i can see the battery, how do i get into the other side where im guessing the bit that has fallen off ?

M135i
Haha done it, yeh somthing has fallen off :dapprove: will it be alright if i just blue-tac it back on or will it need to be soldered ?

M135i
who could do this for me ? my local renault has closed down and i cnt get to the other closest 1 in time after work. + im guessin renault will charge me a bomb just for abit of soldering :(