ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key fob

Clio RSI 1.6
Hoping this is the correct forum, if not can it please be moved - cheers!

Okay, the other day I started to load up my boot, locked it and went to get more stuff as I always do, came back, key fob wouldn't do anything at all, barely lighting up as I pressed it. Got someone to drop off my spare key, it was fine, opened/locked first time no problem.

So, figured it was the battery in the fob that'd died, so went and got myself a replacement battery, put it in - sweet, lighting up etc again. Went to try it on the car, nothing! The other key fob worked fine, but the old one that'd have a new battery in still wasn't working. Asked a mate and he reckons it's reset itself and needs to be reprogrammed to my car again.

So question is, how do I reprogram my key fob? I have literally no clue where to start, but eager to learn! lol

Thanks guys!

172DD Cup
stick it in the ignition
turn two clicks (one before it starts)
press the button

should do it, works on other cars i've had

it's usually only the immobiliser that needs reprogramming by renault, not the central locking

172DD Cup
just click usually. the battery holder in the vauxhall keyfobs keep coming apart from the circuit board and you have to reset using method above