ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

key lost its code

172 ph1 2.4 transit
my key/fob has started playing up lately so checked and changed the battery earlier but was about 5-10 mins with out a battery in and its now lost its code i think as fob light comes on when pressed but nothin happens on the car, car still opens and starts using the key in the lock but alarm wont go off etc.

Anyone know if the fob can be reprogrammed without goin the main dealer ??

car is a ph1 172

spotted this on a other thread anyone know if it works or not as will try it tomoz as my car is at work http://renaulthelp.110mb.com/#CarType

Many thanks Kev

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
sit in car shut all the door press the interior central locking button so it locks then press and hold it wait for a double clunk sound and press the key fob wait 30 secs and then try it

Qashcow
just searched this for my own key. i work at a locksmith shop and weve just got a new machine that will read the one key and pass the information to the next key without having to go to the dealer.

you will however need 2 keys... (mines been flat for 2 years)

on the other hand, also have the ability to cut the key too

182 trophy
Hi i have a trophy and my friend had one but wrote it off is it possible to buy a new metal part and have his fob re programed for my car