ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

key resynchronising reprogramming guide

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
here is a guide on how to reprogramme a replacement key to a different car. I would post this in the guide section but i have tried it myself on a MK2 Ph2 clio with no succss. If anyone else needs to do this try this guide and tell me if they get it to work. There is loads of different guides for different clios so give me some feedback and i can hopefully add this to the guide section......

RENAULT

CLIO II, KANGOO & MASTER INFRA RED RESYNCHRONISING
1. Turn Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking buttonin the car for more than 5 seconds.
· Note :the door should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning light should illuminate.
4. Point the 1st key at the receiver and press the button twice, the doors should then lock and unlock. Repeat this for other remotes as required.
5. Check that the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.

LAGUNA II & SAFRANE II INFRA RED RESYNCHRONISING
1. Turn Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds.
· Note : the door should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 15 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning light illuminates.
4. Point the 1st key at the receiver and press the button once, the doors should lock and unlock.
5. Point the 2nd key (if programming a 2nd key) at the receiver and press the button once, the doors should lock and unlock.
6. Check that the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.

CLIO II, KANGOO & MASTER RF RESYNCHRONISING
1. Turn Ignition OFF.
3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning light illuminates.
4. Press the remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.
5. Repeat for second remote if required.

LAGUNA II & SAFRANE II RF RESYNCHRONISING
1. Turn Ignition OFF.
3. When this happens, 15 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning light illuminates.
4. Press the remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.
5. Press the 2nd remote control once (if programming a 2nd key), the doors should then lock and unlock.

CLIO RE-SYNCHRONISING
1. Lock car manually
2. Unlock car manually
3. Insert key into ignition within 30 seconds.
4. Turn ignition and start vehicle.

MEGANE RF RESYNCHRONISING
Hold the remote control button down for longer than 10 seconds (until the red telltale light on the key extinguishes) then press it again 3 times.
Check that the doors lock and unlock correctly.

MEGANE WITH EARLY REMOTE (LED SWITCHES OFF WHEN HOLDING
BUTTON DEPRESSED)
1. Ignition ON
2. Press and hold the central locking button for 5 seconds
3. LED on the dash board will go off, come back on and begin to flash. The flashes correspond to the first digit of the 4 PIN security code - release the button when the first digit has been 'flashed' and then press the button again.
4. Wait for the second digit to be 'flashed' then release and re-press the button - continue until all digits have been entered.
5. If you have entered the code correctly the LED will then go out and the car can be started - to code the remote, switch off the ignition and press the central locking button again.
6. Press remote button 2 times within the immediate vicinity of the pick up (in the roof) On some vehicles you may need to switch the ignition back on to achieve this however.

Clown Car
Surely that guide only codes the key to the remote central locking so that you can lock/unlock the car, to start the car i am sure you would have to code the engine immobiliser ecu in the car to the new transponder chip in the key using the CLIP?.

Clown Car
are the codes between the locking and starting the car different?

AFAIK the remote central locking and the immobiliser are 2 seperate systems that do not share any codes, the remote unlocking/locking works using the RF PLIP part of the key and the immobiliser de-activation works by the transponder chip in the key being recognized when the key is in the ignition barrel.

On the transponder systems i have worked on you have a transponder chip fitted to each key that 'gives' off a unique id number when the key is in the ignition barrel and the transponder ring around the steering column picks this code up, the immobiliser ecu is programmed (by diagnostic port usually) to only accept this transponder id.

I think, but could be wrong that the immobiliser ecu can only be programmed with 2 transponder id's, so as to prevent a third key being coded to your car, although that would not stop transponder chip cloning.

Clio II ph2 1.2-16V
Hi,
Sync on Clio Mk2 Ph2 not work.
At step2 doors not locking-unlocking.
Any step to do before, like door must be open or key must be taken out from ignition?
Thx