ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keying t**t

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Woke up this afternoon with a great day planned, washing car, fitting new splitter, going for a drive etc... Only to find my drivers side window had been keyed. While I was checking the rest of the car for damage the local bobby turned up and had a look, took some photos etc...

We got talking and basically I have got off very likely! In fact so likely that im in a pretty good mood bout the whole thing!

Some f**king scum of the world c**t has walked back from town keying any half decent cars and loads of shop windows. When I say keyed it is def not an actual key. All the damage is really deep, possibly a screw driver or something, although it has left double scratches, one much deeper than the other (not sure it will show up in pics very well). All the other cars I have seen seem to have had thier bonnets tagged in a graffiti kinda way, but in scratches.

Apparently the police have a suspect and they hope too be able to recover some of the costs (not sure I believe them about the money).

Anyway a couple of pics, as I said mine aint to bad but some of the others (no pics) were really bad!

Photo083.jpg

Photo084.jpg

Photo085.jpg

As you can see the t**t has nicked paint a little, nothing bad tho and hardly noticable!

Think im going to try and get a second hand window and replace it, any ideas with cost and how easy it is to replace!

cheers,
Will

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Re: Keying tw*t

Id honestly much rather replace glass than have to start hunting round for a decent body shop for paint work, glass is uber cheap to replace

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

I'm gonna ask, wtf is up with the trousers/mullet?

Hope you get it sorted asap, lol!

Ha Ha, they are shorts and yes I really need a hair cut (although the pic makes it look worse!)!! I knew i shouldn't have put the 1st pic in!!!

Id honestly much rather replace glass than have to start hunting round for a decent body shop for paint work, glass is uber cheap to replace

Completely, don't think its going to be to bad to sort out. Feel sorry for the other people. Our neighbours are in the process off trying to sell their car and it know needs its bonnet re-spraying!

Total cost of damage i have heard of so far must be well over 10k so far!

Apparently the same thing happened last week on another road nearby, so god knows how much it will all add up too, but i think the police are taking it pretty seriously!!!

Goliath I
Pricks

Every car Ive had has been keyed by some drunk/selfish prick!

Lucky its just the window, looking how deep it is if it was the paintwork it would be extremely costly

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Pricks

Every car Ive had has been keyed by some drunk/selfish prick!

Lucky its just the window, looking how deep it is if it was the paintwork it would be extremely costly

Yeah, I know how lucky I am. 1 of the cars I have seen is all the way through to the metal!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Sorry to hear mate. I will ring reno on monday for you for a brand new one. ;)

Clio 1970000000
Glad you have taken this so well. Hate reading these posts. Hopefully what goes around, comes around that the scum will get theirs soon.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Okay, bit of an update...

The police informed me on Friday that the guy that did this has been arrested and bailed and is 17 years of age. So far the police are aware of 22 separate incidents, all carried out by the same person on the same night! Baring in mind that one shop alone had £4k of damage I would imagine the total cost must be between £20k - 25k (at a guess).

I am glad he has been arrested, but I can't see much happening to him. Also it worries me that he is on bail now, i know they can't really hold him for it, but if he has been let go it worries me he may do more damage :(

cheers, Will

Mother fucker !

As said I'd rather be replacing glass rather than having the pain of a paint repair.

Didn't even know you could scratch glass like that on cars!

Seeing as it was a random attack i doubt he will be back.

ZX6R B1H
GUtted dude, About 30 cars inc mine got paint strippered before easter proper f**k heads out there.

Little paint chip could be touched in and corrected easily.

Plastic trim i wouldn't even worry about.

Just hope it doest happen again for you !

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182

People damaging cars should have their hands cut off, seriously.

I feel for you mate, despite your weird "look" going on lol

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

People damaging cars should have their hands cut off, seriously.

I feel for you mate, despite your weird "look" going on lol

Funnily enough thats is exactly what one of the girls who lives on are road said and very similar to what 2 police officers said (off the record, obviously!)

As for my "look" im pretty sure it doesn't look to bad :eek:, but to be fair i was only planning on going to ASDA at the time so wasn't to worried about how I looked! I can see this becoming quite expensive for me... going to need £30ish to get car sorted, but like £300 to buy a new load of cloths so I don't look "weird" :eek:

Little paint chip could be touched in and corrected easily.

Plastic trim i wouldn't even worry about.

Just hope it doest happen again for you !

To be honest i don't even notice the paint unless i look for it so not to worried bout that, its just finding time to do the window at the mo! Plus as you have said I really am worried bout it happening again!

JB

RB 182 Cup
Feel for you mate, some asshole jumped up and down on my old 172s bonnet and roof causing near £300 worth of damage (all repaired thankfully). People like that should be flailed and be forced to pay up every penny.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
happened to me with a mint Ax Gti that i paid a bargain £200 for. Thought i was being cool buying the rarest colour they made then being unable to find a 2nd hand door, as they decided to bend it. As for th clothes, ignore other peoples views! I get slated constantly by the missus for waering deck shoes. No idea!

Audi TT 225
Shocking, nothing enrages me more to be honest, I remember when someone keyed my previous car, I didn't bother reporting the incident though because I knew who had done it (cc tv ftw). I managed to find a suitable yet legal way to seek revenge ;)

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Shocking, nothing enrages me more to be honest, I remember when someone keyed my previous car, I didn't bother reporting the incident though because I knew who had done it (cc tv ftw). I managed to find a suitable yet legal way to seek revenge ;)

I'm intrigued, i wasn't going to report it, but the police were already walking along the road and checking every car!