ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keys

Just got a new spare key for the Clio, from the renault dealership in a renault "pieces d;origine" labelled packet, opened it up to find the key doesnt have the "polished and shiny" look to it as my original key does, doesnt feel as smooth as the original either and feels more "textured"

anyway, on the side of the key where it says "RENAULT" just underneath the hole for the keyring loop to loop onto on the opposite side from the remote locking button on my original key that came with the car, the new key I just got from renault doesnt say "RENAULT" in the same place the original key does, nor does it say RENAULT anywhere else on it, but looks identical otherwise to the original key, the led is there, as is the "arrow" type sign on the key opposite the remote button side,

just wondering, is this the new type of spare keys renault are doing, i.e. have they stopped doing spare keys for the clio with RENAULT written on them, or do all clios from a certain reg onwards come with keys with no RENAULT on them or is it only the keys originally supplied with the car when it came from the factory brand new that say RENAULT on em and any dealer sourced spares dont??

just concerned that a renault franchised dealership have sold me a non genuine key??

any gen?

Havent a clue mate, I work for arnold clark and thats where I bought my clio from, it only came with 1 key, so they ordered me a spare key in from renault and all I received was the black plastic fob part, and as stated it doesnt say renault on it, even although the part was ordered in from and came from 1 of our renault dealerships in a bag/package that had a sticker on it with a renault logo and "PIECES D'ORIGINE" on it.

No they dont come with renault on them any more.

how come/whys that mate? how do you know this? cheers bud

p.s. is it only spare fobs bought from a dealer that no longer say renault on them? i.e. are there any clios out there on a certain reg that would have came from the factory with non RENAULT branded keys/if I bought a brand new clio campus would I get keys without renault on them,

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
like said previously.. does it matter.. (sorry to be rude but this is a tuning and mechanical section) i.e i it works there is no problem and if it doesn't you should post up asking for advice.