ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kicker News

as some of u may know i been looking at sorting myself out with 2 kicker subs. went today to mobile world and this is the package they are offering me, two L5 12" square kicker subs a directed 1100d amp, box for the two subs and a power cap. all for £860. this a good price or does anyone know anyone who can do this kinda package or similair for a better price? cheers boys and girls

Matt

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

does that include wireing???

if not u will want atleast 4 gague but preferably 0 gague

sounds good, i will have a look around see if i can find better deal for ya :)

MalicE

cheers malice, yeah that does include wiring, yeah if u hear of other things let me know, i think there is someone on here who can get sound lmc is it or someone? obviously rather pay little as possible

Matt

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i seem to be finding the amp for 450 ish so u r getting a good deal i recon even though i didnt search much.

u sure kicker squares are the best way to go ???

MaLicE

yeah kinda got my heart set on em, heard one of the 12s today in the back of a clio in a place called mobile world i use in hounslow, this one 12 was louder than my two diamonds! lol, it really took it outta ya, was settin car alarms off all over the place! the demo car it was in usually has a 15 in and he said that it made him feel sick, guys reckons i will need ear plugs for people in the back if i have two 12s! lol, thats what i want, crazy crazy! lol

Matt

the guy in the shop said that the amp was 400 there

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

seems a very good deal.

i have a friend with a l5 12" and tbh im not that impressed with them good it you want the inside of your ears to move and hurt, but its a dirty bass kind of overpowering and he has tried it many different ways and it still sounds the same, i have a JL W3 D2 sub and its running on a alpine v12 757 amp and its wired for 4 ohms and i love it so clean and tight i will be getting anouther JL sub (same as what i have) and i will be getting a new amp hope fully a genisis mono block to run the 2 then the alpine will power the components in the front and rear.

used a m8s db meter and got it to 130 easy but i backed off cos i got scared lol.

MaLicE

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

The l5s arent the same as the silver faced l7s

The l5 takes 500w RMS and the l7 takes 750w RMS

I thought my first l7 was the newer model but it was the old black faced model but i give her 900w RMS from the amp @ 2ohms and melted the two coils in her. Sounded mental though.

those l5s should retail for around £150-£175 and the l7s from £200-£275

Seems like a good enough deal your getting but make sure you get the right model of sub ie: the 4ohm or the 2ohm.

The directed amp is 1 ohm stable so youll need to get the two subs wired down to one ohm to get the best power out of the amo.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

dont stick them at 1 ohm u r asking for trouble 2ohm is pleanty good nuff the amp is also stable at 2ohm.:D

that is umless u want to blow the subs.

MaLicE

be a real man and get the SX18 or whateva its called that will rock.

plus the squares are awesome and will spank most other subs, my pal has a L7 15 and it is well tight and clean bass, eva consider that yer pal is a rubbish stereo fitter or sumthing?

BSNC