ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knackered Superleggera!!!!

Lionel Richie

b****cks!!!!!!!!! Kerbed my wheel this morning on my way to work!!! (i was late so i was goin about 90!!!) Anyway, my boss rang me which distracted me and i clipped the curb and munched the rim pretty much the whole way round!!! its not deep or anything, but theres a small bend (2-3mm) in the rim Anyone know of a mobile refurber???? (BTW its £181 for a new rim)

dont know re the wheel, but i had a full hands free kit installed at the weekend wish id done it before, it integrates with the standard clio stereo, mutes it when theres an incoming call and plays through the car speakers.

GR7

Shiny red R32

What a coincidence Fred, as my friend with the yellow 106 GTi (pictured elsewhere here) kerbed BOTH his nearside Super L wheels at the weekend, which was caused through an idiot pulling out to overtake (opposite direction) and almost hit him, so he had to pull right over out of the way and hit the kerb with both front and back Super Ls!

Clio v6

Just had this reply to my enquirey if it helps.

Dear DASH,

REPAIRING YOUR WHEELS WOULD COST £50PW +VAT
WE WOULD REPAIR AT YOUR HOME OR WORK, PROCESS TAKES 1.5 HRS PER WHEEL. REPAIR , PRIME, PAINT, LAQUER AND BAKE THEN RE FIR TO THE CAR.
BOOKINGS AVAILABLE FOR LATER THIS WEEK.
PLEASE CALL STEVE AT WICKED WHEELS ON 07979533221 FOR FURTHER DETAILS.

Web Addy : http://www.wicked-wheels.co.uk/locations.shtml

Silver Fabia vRS

I can vouch for Wicked Wheels as they refurbed 2 of my wheels on my Fiesta Zetec-S and all four of my mates Rover (he uses the kirbs to direct him ). Think it came to £50 or £60 per wheel although we got a discount becuase he had a days work out of us!

I am currently trying to get Renault UK to pay up to have one of my alloys refurbed as some monkey kirbed it at the service.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Dont use wicked wheels!!!! They did one of my dads wheels on his beemer. They were good for a couple of months then the paint started to peel off and wicked wheels would not do anything about it!!!

They also had a bad reputation with the bodyshop I had my car repaired in - same problem!!!!

7.6cc :D

Its cause you drive like such a girl Fred

*p.s. i mean girl as in sissy, not girl as in female*

*p.p.s. Fred im joking*

Silver Fabia vRS

Geordie - Sounds like you had a bad experience or the guy in your area didnt know what he was doing. I have recommended friends and know lots of people who had only good things to say about them.

As with everything there are always a few bad reports.

if they are the anthracite Super Leggeras you are goin to have a big problem. OZ will not release the paint code for the wheels, thus, only they can refurb them (believe me its nearly cheaper to buy a new one!)

It only took the missus 1 hr of driving to curb mine (she was avoiding another tit overtaking in a residential area, sounds failiar)

£25 a whell plus the VAT my mate had his 17s done before max live and they looked like new no complaints so far, in Telford Shropshire though.

Lionel Richie

The closest colour ive found is Daewoo Stone Silver, i had a bash at respraying it yesterday and its a b*****d to do!!!! Jon, im getting Spencer (a mate) to shotblast it, then i might take it to Lionel at Bodytech and get him to spray it (might get two done so they both match)