ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KNG Paint Code Renault Clio

VW Golf Type R
Hi, my daughters 2011 Clio 1.2 TomTom 44k miles was condemned by our local D&G garage, £1600 to fix.
Not safe the manager told my wife upon collecting the car after it’s service.
1. Cloudy white sludge on the oil cap and inside the cap.Dipstick clr,conclusion’s head gasket gone!
2.Radiator. Ritually hanging by a thread ,rusted no longer safe.
3.Front brake discs need replaced and pads.
4.Front tyres cracking,rear fine .Tread 6 mm on all four.

5.Rear heated windscreen not working.
6.Air
Car was motd by D&G three months ago, no issues raised at that time.
Exhaust fell off last month and was replaced by D&G

So a bit pissed that they now say the car is not worth fixing.
Anyhoo my mate renovates Classic cars, his sons had a few Clio’s,says the white gunk is common,wiped it away,oil is clear as is the dip stick still.
Apparently front subframe badly corroded,so ordered a new one at £80, plus front disks and pads .

So not impressed with our local garage.
Daughter gets a brand new car in April and zi think the Clio is a good first time drivers car.
Wouldn’t have anyone driving an unsafe car.
To the point, passenger door has a small rust patch at the bottom middle of the door.
KNG is the paint code,can anyone recommend make of rattle paint to buy ?
My mate can repair this easily.
Summer was a hot one and my daughter suffered with no air con/poor air con,still something left in it after being recharged garage said,but is leaking.
Worth fixing?
Thanks
Paul

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Can't help with the rest, but plenty of people on here have had good experiences with Paints4U on eBay, looks like they sell a kit for that paint code too:
Fixing the air con may be another can of worms to open though, especially if you're not planning on keeping the car.

VW Golf Type R
Can't help with the rest, but plenty of people on here have had good experiences with Paints4U on eBay, looks like they sell a kit for that paint code too:
Fixing the air con may be another can of worms to open though, especially if you're not planning on keeping the car.
Cheers Hop, appreciate that,I like to think it was a great car for my 17 year old to use and as long as you maintain it,should be a good car for another learner.74bhp, slower than my grandma but it’s been a good light car to drive and not thirsty either.
She’s put 20 k miles on it in four years,but it’s only done 47k miles.
So a wee fix to this rust spot and hopefully keeps it straight until a new owner arrives?
Many thanks for the paint info,will order it now.
Yeah air on could be a can of worms.
Cheers again