ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knock on start up from NSF

Monaco 53/468
Ive done a search and can only find info on strut top knock but its not the same fault

When ever I start it up there is solid donk donk donk noise from the NSF area, any ideas? common faults?

Thanks

Steve

"Navy" N17 TWO
Is everything tight, engine cover etc?

Have you got a strut brace fitted? Might be an engine-cover bolt catching the brace

Elise S1 B&C 140
Is it definately from the NSF, only knocks and bangs can be hard to pinpoint due to echos etc. are the exhaust rubbers worn, my exhaust used to hit off the tunnel on start up as the rubbers were perished.

Monaco 53/468
actually, saying that ^^^, I do get the same sound on the occasion when driving over uneven surfaces (i.e. shite country roads around here!)

I'll have a look when I get some time this week

definatly sounds like an engine mount, just because it "sounds" like its coming from the nsf doesnt mean it definatly is the sound may be vibarting up through something else..

Oil Burner
not certain if petrols have them, but my dci has a large weight mounted under the engine mount, when i had my cambelt done this worked its way slightly loose. Used to knock over dodgy roads.