ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knock when clutch engaged / pulling away

Clio 172PH2
Hi guys,

I recently purchased a 172, 35k miles 1 owner really nice condition.

Last few weeks ive noticed a knock when using the clutch or pulling away, ive done some searching on the forum, seems there could be a few explanations, one of which being the engine mounts?

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what this could be? The clutch is not slipping, its just a strange knock / thud that occurs on gear change once the clutch has been released? Is this symptoms of the engine mounts needing replacing?

Any info / advice appreciated

Thanks

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
My Money would be on Gearbox Mount.

Had what sounds to be the same issue with my Cup.

Take battery off and check that the mount is ok and that the Nut that secures the mount is done up nice and tight.

Clio 1.2+ Laguna 2.0
hmm, mine does this too, although my clutch is gone, I may need to check this too, sometimes it knocks and sometimes its just really hard.

Clio 172PH2
Just had the gearbox mount replaced by a powerflex upgraded part however the knock is still there if not worse. When you pull off in first or reverse it's a violent shunt type feeling, if I take it really easy Its barely noticeable. I'm asking all you gurus out there for any input as the garage staff were scratching their heads, it's going in again Friday for further investigation. Any ideas people? Anything I could tell them to check? So far following a visual inspection under car they can't see anything?! Any help greatly appreciated thanks

Clio 172PH2
Well the cars ended up being recovered....had a clunk as I was pulling off then whirring sound as if clutch won't engage Fu@k sake :(