ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking from rear wheels

Ive recently put 16" 172 alloys on my 1.2 Grande & when I go around a corner theres a knocking sound which i think is coming from the back. Its more prominent when ive got passengers in the back.

Any ideas anyone?

This never happened when the original steel wheels were on!

Prob gettng scrubbage, or your feeling the road alot more with bigger wheels and lower profiles. not to worry about, unless its causeing damage.

my car sounds like its gonno fall apart when its on a rough road. mainly coz its lowered and had low profiles, so the ride quailty is lost.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

could be that your wheel bolts are loose.... i have done this and slapped my self for it...

Nice 1 guys.:D Ill check the bolts to see if they are tightened sufficiently.

Wot about the spacers? Anyone out there with the same car & wheels whove fitted spacers? Where do i get them from?

Sorry for all the questions, Im new to this business & need all the help I can get. Can you blame me, I just wanna have a car that looks the biz!

Checked all the bolts on both rear wheels & they are solid but the knocking is still there!:(

Im wondering if the spacers that EvilJohn mentioned will work, any ideas where i can get these from?

any wheel shop can get u them! but go sum where up market (not cowboys) and ask if they know wot the prob is!

u go to a cowboy they will sell u them to make money not to help u out!