ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking, is it an engine mount?

K20 EG Hatch
Right, when i pull away in first gear my car gives a knocking noise and you can almost feel it through the peddles (or is it just in my head). Anyways, sounds horrible! As you all probably know my car is low on coilovers, could this have caused it? Took it to a mate at ats who couldn't see anything wrong but he seems to think it could be an engine mount, but to be honest i think he is guessing. Going to centre parcs on monday (long drive)! But should be fine for that right? Booked in to renault for friday but god help me if its because of the coilovers as im skint! :(

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You'll know if its the mounts, i had mine replaced 2 wks ago...The whole car was vibrating and sounded like a tractor.

clio 172 mk2
Dan Page said:
Right, when i pull away in first gear my car gives a knocking noise and you can almost feel it through the peddles (or is it just in my head). Anyways, sounds horrible! As you all probably know my car is low on coilovers, could this have caused it? Took it to a mate at ats who couldn't see anything wrong but he seems to think it could be an engine mount, but to be honest i think he is guessing. Going to centre parcs on monday (long drive)! But should be fine for that right? Booked in to renault for friday but god help me if its because of the coilovers as im skint! :(

I have the same sounds in hard accelerating in 1st and 2nd gear, and I'm almost sure the problem is the engine mount... Don't think is related to the coilovers

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Shudnt be the engine mounts...

the 1.2 doesnt have enough power to do anything to them heheh ;)

Id say driveshafts as well considering uve slammed the biatch down!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
put money on it being an engine mount, i get this too, i've had a cv joint go before and its NOT this. I think its the engine/manifold hitting the bodywork/subframe, i'm getting a new dogbone mount, and having a play with the mounts in the next few weeks