ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking noise after acceleration when your foot is completly off accelerator

2002 Clio 1.2 16v
Ok as the title says when you take your foot of the accelerator once you are moving the car makes a slight knocking noise from the drivers side front. The car is a 2002 1.2 and has 17" alloys fitted to it and lowered 40mm. I have had a look at the wheel arches but cant really see much although the arch liner on the drivers side does seem to hang lower than the other. Anyone have any ideas what it may be, may not be the liner am only just trying to narrow it doen? Cheers, matt

ValverInBits
few possibilities. Dogbone (lower gearbox engine support) worn
Suspension top mount(s), possibly your ball joints. If you can diagnose it right, none of the above will break the bank by themselves

2002 Clio 1.2 16v
Cheers mate, my suspension top mounts are ok as i have previously checked these when having the suspension lowered and previous to lowering it was knocking but it is not that kind of noise. I will possibly try checking the dogbone although i dont have a clue how to though lol. Hoping its just the arch liner as thats an easy fix. Cheers, matt

172 ph1
I'm having the same issue in a 172 ph1...

say I'm in 5th gear and around 50-60 km/h, if I get off then on the throttle I end up with a loud knock / soft bang