ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking noise valver

When i 1st start the valver on a cold morning sometimes i get this loud knocking noise , then it goes away after a couple of mins !! Anyone have any ideas what it could be ?

Cheers

Rich

could be a million things.

But the heatshield that surrounds the lower front pipe the bolts come off. I thought that on cold starts my bearings were starting to go off and pooing my pants, till i got under the car the the slights knocking noise was the shield.....saved me loads hahaha.

be cold oil. doesnt flow too well when cold. mines the same. sounds like a diesel when you first fire it up when its around freezing. this morn was around 7 degrees and it woesnt half as loud.

mine sounds like a diesel when i start it up from cold, but then it has magnatc in it, it didnt do it before that went in , and i wont be using that oil again !!

Mines the same too. Proper diesel sound. But after a couple of mins it goes away. Time for an oil change!!