ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knocking noise/vibration under load...

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
From about 3.5k revs in 1st and 2nd I have got a knocking noise/vibration coming from what sounds like the drivers side wheel area. The more revs the more violent these vibrations are.

On the ramps there appeared to be a fair bit of play in the ball joint so this was replaced earlier today but the noise is still there. I think this noise can also be heard
over speed bumps/pot holes from that side of the car.

Could it be the top mounts, anti roll bar link, driveshaft.......

Thanks in advance.
Ed

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
It seems to be worse, turning and going up hills....

Iceberg Ph1
ARB bushes? Do you get what feels like the wheel is bouncing when flooring it?

Top mounts should be noticeable if they have had it just by looking..

Gearbox mount or any other mount perhaps.. engine has a lot of play I would assume it would cause some vibrations through the wheels/shafts

And yeah, check those shafts, although you would be feeling the vibrations every time you drove your car..

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Cheers Wobba, I'll get it over the pit on Saturday and have a look.

LY 182
I've got exactly the same problem! I've replaced the ball joints and top mount of the suspension strut and the noise is still there.

It comes from the drivers side wheel and only when turning left when that wheel is under pressure. It's like a juddering sound and has been on my 172 ever since i got it over a year ago now.

If you find out what it is I would love to know as I want to get rid of it!!!

Cheers

Jas.