ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking Noise!

Clio 182
Hi all

New to CS. I have a FF182.

I also have an intermittent problem with the car. When moving (forwards or reverse) on full lock, there is a knocking/grinding noise that I think is coming from the wheel arches. It only occurs in the cold and when the car is first started and moved in the morning or when it's been sitting for a few hours. During driving, I can turn the wheel full lock and it's fine. Renault couldn't find a fault.

Anyone else had a similar experience or have any idea what the problem could be?

Any advice greatfully recieved.

Cheers
Stu

BMW M3
Welcome to CS mate,

Ive heard of a sort of skipping that the clio does on full lock and think thats quite normal really..... but im not sure as your knocks and only when cold.

It could be the strut top mount though, as this often causes knock and could be fixed by adding a washer avaliable from Fred (yozzasport) or Justin-172.

I had a knock on full lock when warm and on bumps and was sorted by fixing the mount.

ITB BG 182
the knock is actually a skipping noise but its only when the car is cold an on full lock.
Theres actually nothing wrong with it from what i know of.
dont bother with renault either as they are mostly trainees that will thrash the go-nads out of ya car, take it to yozzasport or gdi its worth the travel

L

lenny85

yeah i've got the same problem renault initially thought engine sub frame wos out of alignment and causing it. told them where to go when they wanted £70 to sort it just put up with it since doesn't affect the handling:D