ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking noise

PH Quick
I've got a knocking noise coming from the rear of my clio and its driving me nuts. It sounds like its coming from the drivers side rear shock. Don't think the shock is broken because i put new spax coilovers on 6 months ago. Wonder if it could be the rear beam mounts? Going to check the engine mounts to make sure that they are not causing the knocking. Any ideas would really be appreciated. Cheers Tim

www.renparts.co.uk
rear beam bushes aren't that prone to wear but depends on mileage etc. Check exhaust for touching the beam or for leaking shock.

Lots of Alfas
It could be a hundred things, first of all check its not the seatbelts, check something is not rolling around in the boot, check under the rear seats and also something in the spare wheel well, pop the hatch cover off and check the rear wiper mechanism. Next check the suspension mounts, check the springs are correctly seated. Check the bolts are secure on the brake calipers. Check the exhaust and mounts and check to see if the heat shield/s is loose. Failing that see if there is any movement in the trailing arm bushes, you can check with a small crowbar from side to side, check for the wheels rubbing on the wheel arch lining.